CHAPTER 18

"YOU ARE SUPPOSED to have your rest day today."

The gentle and so canning soft voice of Lizabeth startled the guy next door unexpectedly. Today was Monday and the two of them were scheduled to take their rest day. But instead, Ralph was in his full kitchen crew uniform, ready to sidle through the hallway, heading to the elevator. However, Lizabeth immersed from her apartment just in time Ralph passed by. And uttered, reminding him admonishingly about the specific day of the week for them to chill.

"Mondays are our days of rest." Lizabeth continued sidled to Ralph and swiveled to block his way. "Do you really need that much money, Mr Cortez. That even to our rest day you still have some reserve energy to stump there?"

"Not really that I'm in desperate need of money, baby girl. I have paid for the first six months of my monthly rent." Ralph cautiously sloped against the wall of the hallway, giving ample time to talk with Lizabeth. "So I am worry free at the moment. And the other bills like electric, water and the internet service can easily be covered by my salary." He ran a hand through his hair. "I just want to consume my potential energy to something that could be beneficial since I cannot exploit my energy to the thing that I want to do." He grinned devilishly at Lizabeth. "And you know what that is."

"Excuse me, Mr Cortez. What do I know about the things you want to do in life?" Lizabeth scoffed wryly before grabbing Ralph's collar. "And by the way, Mr Cortez.." she clenched his collar, causing him to choke slightly. "Stop addressing me that! That Baby Girl endearment. I'm not your–"

"You are my girlfriend, pretentiously, not technically." Ralph interjected admonishingly loud and emphasized, sneering at Lizabeth. He then quickly draped his hands around hers, before yanking them optimistically from his neck. "Remember what Mr Limestone told us to do to pretend to everyone that we're boyfriend and girlfriend." He sniggered teasingly. "And I am thinking if the thing that most couple do is included."

Abruptly and unexpectedly, a strong slap perfectly landed and hit on Ralph's right cheek, making the guy gawk in puzzlement and mortification. Ralph held his right cheek which was now reddened because of the slap Lizabeth maneuvered. Belligerently, Lizabeth gripped on Ralph's shoulders before ramming him to the wall – and manifested another slap again, smacking his left cheek this time. Ralph's eyes flitted wide upon experiencing a sudden assault from the angel like young lady he secretly admired.

Lizabeth raised a hand again, attempting to manifest or suffice another slap, but it was unfortunate and debacle this time. Ralph adamantly wielded his hand and grabbed Lizabeth's both hands, flipping their position. This time, it was Ralph gripping Lizabeth tight and rammed her to the wall. Lizabeth wanted to scream but her subconscious admonishingly berated her mentally, allowing Ralph to do what he needed to do. If he wanted to avenge himself, then he had Lizabeth's subconscious with him.

"Mr Cortez, what are you doing to me?" Lizabeth mumbled softly, with voice glaced with fear and puzzlement. She literally shuddered when Ralph slanted, wedging whole body against hers. "Don't tell me you are going to–"

Lizabeth was interrupted when Ralph wedged and pressed his lips against her gentle and soft lips. Taking no chances of wasting his moment, immediately, Ralph intensified and escalated their kisses, shoving his tongue between her lips harshly. Helplessly, Lizabeth parted her lips, permitting Ralph to slither his tongue inside her mouth, intertwining his tongue with hers. Ralph unconsciously loosened his grip on Lizabeth's hands, gliding and trailing his hands through her back. Lizabeth unconsciously did the same, only then that the door from Sebastian's apartment clicked.

And the luscious abrupt kiss ended.

Lizabeth yanked herself fast from Ralph.

And Ralph nonchalantly stood, staring at Sebastian, who was staring back at him, perplexed. "Good afternoon Mr Grand." He greeted Sebastian before turning back to Lizabeth and smirked. "Bye baby girl. I need to go to work." He beckoned to the door of Lizabeth's apartment. "You go back inside. Mr pervert man is here."