CHAPTER 15

THE WOMAN WAS beautiful and elegant in her maroon dress that paralleled her straight brown hair. Her straight brown long hair flew and cascaded from her head down to her scrawny shoulders – where her collar bones rebelliously peaked and protruded her bare skin. In addition, the red crystal stones that hung on her earlobes were huge rubies – complimented by two white small diamond stones. Her necklace and bracelet were heavy chains of rose gold, and if someone would dare to calculate the worth, they would probably be worth more than five years of Lizabeth's salaries.

That was the price she could afford.

In reality, Lizabeth was divergent and could afford more than what she could.

The maroon dress she wore, examining it, Lizabeth could tell that it was dainty and expensive. Georgio Armani dresses never had a price that went down to below a thousand dollars. Her fingernails were manicured bloody red that complimented her maroon dress and her brown hair – not to mention the rubies around her ears. Moreover, her plump lips were coated cherry red lipstick – made Lizabeth think it was from MAC. She knew and she was certain about the brand because she also used it before – she could never go wrong. Lizabeth was a big fan of MAC and Estee Lauder cosmetics.

"What happened to your face, Chan?" The woman asked worriedly. She felt worried while scanning Chandler's face, wrapped up in bruises and cuts. Her hands instinctively elevated, attempting to touch Chandler's face. "Are you okay? They look hurt." She frowned in perturb.

"He was in a fight last night, Clara." Mrs Limestone interfered resolutely, retracting Clara's attention from Chandler to her. "I don't know where the hell he has been the whole night with his friends." She continued before sneering at Lizabeth. "Why don't you introduce Clara to this girl, Chandler? At least she would know her position in life." She pried at Chandler.

"No need madame. And no need to remind me where is my position in life." Lizabeth smirked cheviously at Mrs Limestone. "I already know where to place myself. And like I told you, your son and I are just friends. I never crossed any boundaries you have implemented. Nevertheless, I already have a boyfriend." She wandered her eyes from Mrs Limestone to Chandler and his fiancee. "Now if you don't mind since you're complete, may I take your orders please?"

Everyone in the table politely grabbed each menu and Lizabeth interacted with them one at a time. Feeling the pang of jealousy and insecurity that flickered through her chest, Lizabeth mustered her confidence and acted naturally like she was entertaining a regular customer. It was hard to pretend to be someone else that you didn't want to be – Lizabeth knew that – but she had no choice. Facing Chandler with his future wife, sitting beside him only making Lizabeth realize that she liked the guy more than anything else in her life at the moment.

But she was still dubious and uncertain if what she felt for Chandler was love or adoration.

There was a difference between the two.

"By the way and before you go." Clara called Lizabeth, tipping her hand. "Since you said that you're one of Chandler's friends–" she halted and rose from her seat. "I think I should better introduce myself formally to you. I'm Mia Clara Lendholm. I'm the only daughter of Mr Jeffrey Lendholm and Mrs Martha Lendholm. Nice to meet you." She benignly offered a hand. "May I know your real name please?"

Reluctantly, Lizabeth gently and mannerly grabbed her hand. "My name is Lisafe Redwood." She said, shaking their hands. "Nice to meet you too, Mia Clara Lendholm."

"They're beautiful, straight and shiny?" Clara complimented, pointing to Lizabeth's blonde hair. "Are they real?"

Nodded, Lizabeth smiled widely at the sincere compliment Clara jolted. "Yes they are. And thank you." She tilted her head at her side before resuming to Clara. "I need to go now so I can deliver your orders hurriedly."