CHAPTER 6

IT HAD BEEN fourteen days since or two weeks in particular, since Chandler was spotted dating Lizabeth – people who had seen them said, she was an unknown girl. Chandler was no ordinary guy in town, specifically in the village, because of how influencing his parents were. Their chain of retail store made their family name popular and infamous. And as their retail store chain grew faster in a short period of time, the Limestone family and their bank account grew bigger as well. Nevertheless, the Limestone couple's heads grew bigger but their thinking ability became narrower.

Despite how he tried his best to search for the information of the girl, Mr Kenney seemed to be wasting his time. Fortunately for Mr Kenney, the Limestone couple had been considerate and spared him from being suspended as manager of three out of five branches of their retail store. And the man had given up since he found no traces of the girl's identity. The Limestone couple went to the management of the restaurant to ask for the CCTV footage. Unfortunately, that night when Chandler and Lizabeth dated and dined in, an abrupt  technical problem occurred.

Our young protagonist, Lizabeth Goodwell was saved by the bell.

Due to the public demands and customer's request, the retail store and their daily opening had been changed. Formerly or previously, the retail store opened at nine in the morning and closed at nine in the evening. Since the Limestone family heeded all the feedbacks they heard from the customers of their stories, the store now opens at seven in the morning, making Lizabeth and Ralph keep grumbling about waking up in the early morning. Mainly as early as five.

"Good morning, Mr Cortez!" 

Ralph ceased from gaiting through the hallway when a soft and canning voice of Lizabeth catapulted through his awareness. Twitching, Ralph beamed radiantly at Lizabeth in order to respond and greet her. "Good morning to you too, Miss Redwood."

"Hmmm…" Lizabeth hummed softly while snifling through Ralph's features. "You smell so good and different today." She proudly complimented and tipped her head and searched for his eyes. "Your eau de cologne is divine. Do you mostly wear expensive cologne?" She asked curiously. His scent is truly smell expensive. That reminds me of my dad's perfume, No 1 by Clive Christian.

Shaking his head, Ralph grimaced at the abrupt inquisitiveness sufficed by Lizabeth. "Of course not!" He whined sadistically, sounding reproaching. "Most of my colognes are cheap and affordable. Other men can buy them in the mall." He told her as they got out of the elevator.  "Yours smells good and fabulous too. And it seems familiar with me."

"How is it familiar with you?" Lizabeth scoffed wryly as she halted and grimaced, glaring at Ralph. "Don't tell me you also use perfume for women?" It was not literally a question but a sort of philosophical inquisitivity. "Only–"

"My mother uses the perfume you are wearing." Ralph interjected promptly, cutting Lizabeth off. He started sauntering out of the apartment complex and Lizabeth was behind him. "Correct me if I'm wrong but I know the smell. It has been registered to my sense of smell." He halted as he latched the door of the driver's seat of his car while leveling his eyes to Lizabeth's. "It's Joy by Jean Patou."

How does someone like him know the brand of perfume I am wearing? Lizabeth whined mentally as she latched and clenched her grasp on the handle of her driver's seat. Wait! Did he told me that he's mother uses the same perfume I use? Who is this guy anyway? And how does his mother afford to buy perfume like mine?

Idling their cars together in the back of the retail store, Ralph and Lizabeth simultaneously hopped off the driver's seat of their cars. Lizabeth slowered her pace, allowing Ralph to walk sophisticatedly before her. Thousands of thoughts and loop of questions kept bugging the four corners of Lizabeth's head. This newest Discovery Lizabeth manifested through Ralph vaguely smeared her perspective toward the guy next door. Someone who worked as a warehouse personnel was not necessarily needed to use expensive cologne or perfume.