CHAPTER 16

WHETHER THEY LIKED it or not, Chandler's made his decision clear in order to save all of them from Mr and Mrs Limestone's future destructive schemes. The owner of Donatello's, Belinda Tan was a colleague and college classmate of Mrs Adela Limestone when they took their business courses at Harvard university. In order to suffice a good facade of pretending, Lizabeth and Ralph mandatorily needed to pretend like real and genuine boyfriend and girlfriend in front of everyone. Albeit it would hurt Chandler, but they all had to abide.

They all had no choice left to cling to.

Chandler had heard his parents when they came back home after they had dinner with Mia Clara Lendholm st Donatello's earlier last night. Mr and Mrs Limestone discussed about having a courtesy call meeting with Belinda Tan, the owner of Donatello's that regarded the termination of Lizabeth and Ralph. Chandler interfered them, telling that he had finally made his decision to distance himself from Lizabeth. Mrs Adela Limestone wanted Lizabeth to be off of Chandler's sight all the time. The same thing with Ralph, who happened to be the sparring opponent of Chandler.

Responsible for bruising their son's face.

"So they have hired individuals to spy on us almost every second of our lives." Lizabeth shoved a spoon of porridge into her mouth. She and Ralph, together with Brandon and Ariella were having late morning breakfast in a cafeteria across the street of where the apartment complex was. "That sucks! I mean they're sick."

"I told you already about them but you're not listening to me." Brandon was feeding Ariella with a spoonful of porridge into her mouth. "Nevertheless, I told you about Chandler. Chandler and I have been friends for a decade now." He snagged himself off of Ariella and gave Lizabeth an ashen look. "The guy is a playboy."

"But he seems so earnest about me." Lizabeth scoffed wryly, beaming a flat expression to Brandon. "And he genuinely shows me how he fought against his parents just to steal time to be with me." She cambered to Ariella nonchalantly. "And as a girl, you know what I feel."

"Of course I know." Ariella scribbled through her seat, lounging her elbows on the nook, prodding to Lizabeth. "But girl, do not compare Brandon to Chandler." She beckoned to Brandon at her side. "Brandon and I have in a relationship for eight years. And I am proud to say that he is loyal and honest with me. About Chandler…" she jerked and sloped against the backrest. "He's cute but a playboy."

"Why are you keep telling that?" Lizabeth waved her hands dismissively. "You keep blurting that Chandler is a playboy when I have not seen him with any other girl but me and Mia." She halted and slurped a generous amount of her milkshake. "It makes me wonder if you two are truly a friend to him."

"Of course Chandler and I are friends. And I am a true friend to him." Brandon creased a brow on his forehead, jabbing a condescending countenance to Lizabeth. "But Ariella and I are also a true friend to you too in another degree."

"Lisafe, listen up!" Ariella squealed, robbing Lizabeth's attention from Brandon. "There's something I would like to ask you. And I hope you don't mind answering this." She plastered and jabbed stern look to Lizabeth. "You may think the question is silly but it matters a lot and important."

"Important and matters a lot?" Lizabeth furrowed and gawked at Ariella, inwardly marveling. "What is it anyway?"

"We all know that you and Chandler had been going to a date quite times." Ariella sniggered teasingly at Lizabeth. Her eyes roamed freely through her entire frame – as if conducting an examination. "Have you guys had sex already?"

"Answer the question, Miss Redwood." Ralph finally broke his silence, interjecting himself to the racing conversation. Like Ariella and Brandon, the guy next door felt intrigued about Lizabeth's virginity. "It intrigues me. Because I feel something."