Chapter 25

The finals week has come to an end. I wasn't sure if I did well with my exams. The only thing I want to have hope for is that I survived it, at least.

I also came to the decision to execute my plan of reaching out to my mother. I need to talk to her, whatever it costs.

I need to see Tob. That's what I taught after I left our room. I left Ashley there, but I told her beforehand that I needed to do something important. She didn't ask further, so I was really thankful for that.

My eyes roamed around the parking, but there were no signs of him being around.

I bit my lower lip and sighed heavily.

Sya lang ang pwedeng makatulong sa'kin. Sya lang maaari kong lapitan. He's like a friend to me already kaya sana ay pumayag sya sa hihingin kong pabor.

"Where is he?" I uttered absentmindedly.

I glanced at my phone, but there was still no reply from him.

Where are you, Tob?

I was so anxious as I looked around. If my father finds out about this, it's the end of me. Sya lang talaga ang pagasa ko.

Kaya nang makita ko syang tumatakbo papunta sa direksyon ko ay umusbong sa'kin ang pagasa at nabawasan ang bigat sa dibdib.

"Hey, Yari . . ." Tob approached me while panting heavily.

My face lit up upon seeing him.

"Thank you for coming . . ." I said sincerely.

He smiled a bit.

"I'm sorry I didn't see your texts . . . I was low on battery, and I left earlier because there was an emergency." he explained.

My mouth parted.

Kung gano'n ay naabala ko sya?

"What happened? I'm sorry. Did I disturb you?" I asked, worried.

His gaze softened, and he shook his head afterwards.

"It's just about family matters, but it's done. . . it's settled. You're not a disturbance, Yari. Are you okay, though? You look pale and troubled." he asked with a hint of concern in his voice.

I weakly smiled.

"That's a relief, then, Tob. I'm fine, don't worry. But I really asked you to meet me here because I have something to tell you," I hesitantly said.

He nodded and did not say anything, waiting for me to speak.

I swallowed hard.

"Can I ask you a favor, Tob?" I asked, my voice trembled a bit.

"What is it, Yari?" he asked, creasing his forehead.

Ito lang ang paraan para makausap ko si mama. Nakakahiya man, pero nandito na ako kaya bakit hindi ko pa subukan?

"Can I borrow some money, Tob? I just need to buy a new phone and maybe a new sim? May kailangan lang akong kausapin na importanteng tao . . ." I asked and explained at the same time.

His eyes never left me. He looked bothered now.

"That's not a problem, Yari. But why would you borrow money if you have the means? I mean, is everything okay? Were you grounded?" he probed.

This is hard.

I paused to think about wether to tell the truth or just lie about it, but I decided that he deserves to know. Lalo na't sakanya ako nanghihingi ng pabor.

"I need to talk to my mom, Tob. And I don't want my father to know about it. Kaya hindi ko sya pwedeng tawagan gamit ang phone ko, dahil malalaman nya 'yon panigurado. I have money, but I can't use it. . . my father is monitoring my spending. I can't risk it." paliwanag ko.