Chapter 21

I looked at him, stunned. I chuckled sarcastically.

"We should stay away from each other's instead, because your mere presence is killing me! I can't stand with you!" I taunted.

He looked at me intently. It seems like he's looking for a loophole from what I've said.

"Yariene—" I cut him off.

Nagkatinginan kami at kita ko ang pagigting ng bagang nya sa iritasyon.

"You should stop acting like this because you don't own me, Kice! I own myself! I decide for myself!" I said it critically.

Stop meddling with my life because you're no longer part of it. You lost your place in my life, Kice.

My outburst made him stiffen, but it was just for a while before he recovered.

"Yariene! When will you listen to me!?" his voice thundered.

I shivered because of the coldness that dripped from it.

I immediately stepped back.

"You have no right to be mad! It wasn't me in the first place! It was my cousin that you liked! It was her all along! It's not me, so stop chasing me just because I can give you what she can't! You're here because of that, right!?" I said this while tears were running down my cheeks.

Heck. I lost it. I can't contain my emotions anymore.

"That's not true!" he denied it quickly, but I refused to believe it.

A sob came out of my lips.

I saw how he shifted his weight.

"You are bothering me, so you can forget her!" I concluded.

He make his way towards me. Sa panghihina ay hindi ko nagawang umatras palayo sakanya.

"I like you, Yariene," he whispered enough for me to hear.

I was completely taken aback.

My vision became blurred because of the tears that were falling like a damn waterfall.

"I am in love with you. Not with Cress, not with anyone, but to you," he softly whispered.

Umiling ako. I laughed sarcastically.

He's really trying his best to act out his role. Amazing, so fucking amazing. I almost believe it.

"Hindi ako maniniwala na gusto mo ako. Isa 'yang kalokohan. You just like my attention and desperation for you, but you don't like me. Hindi ako tanga." saad ko sa garalgal na boses.

Nagtama ang mga mata namin at nakitaan ko ng galit ang kanyang mukha.

His jaw clenched.

"Why can't you trust my feelings for you, Yariene?" he spat despite the pain in his voice.

I wanted so badly to believe him, but it just seemed wrong. Hindi nya ako pwedeng magustuhan dahil lang ni-reject sya ng pinsan ko. Unless he didn't really like her, pero imposible 'yon dahil halos ialay nya ang oras nya para lang ligawan ito.

"Because it's not real, Kice. Don't fool yourself." nanghihina kong sinabi.

Muli ay umigting ang panga nya. He sighed heavily.

My heart is aching so much that it hurts.

"What can I do to make you believe what I really feel for you?" he asked desperately.

Umiling ako sakanya.

He shook his head.

Lumapit pa sya sa'kin lalo hanggang sa magkatapat na kami.