51 - It all makes sense now

"So lemme get this straight," Meadow said while she sat on Ash's bed. "Cedric's a siren? The siren?"

Ash nodded grimly as he stood almost exactly five feet away from her. "Yeah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before, but it didn't seem like the time."

Luna was currently at Cameron and Mal's house while Meadow and Ash went on a little date night.

"How the hell did he get in your house? Surely you'd expect he was bad, right?"

"I don't know," Ash stated, eyes darkening as if he'd never been unsure of something before. "I thought if I kept an eye on him, he'd be less likely to do something stupid."

They were silent for a moment, both thinking.

Meadow sucked in a breath then, making Ash look up.

"What?" he said.

"One night..." she told him, I had that last vision before I got my memories, you remember?"

He nodded.

"In the vision," she explained, "the siren told me... that he'd always wanted to kill me, but that when I was a child, I always resisted his mind powers. But there's another thing he told me...."

"What?" Ash pressed.

She gazed up at him. " told me... He teamed up with Elijah to kill me."

Ash's eyes darkened and he exhaled a curse. "That would explain it. One of the assassins must be a witch or something to grant him that stronger power."

"How do I keep him out?" Meadow said. "Out of my head?"

Ash gazed up. "Don't yell at me."

She squinted her eyes in suspicion. "Okay."

"I put another ward in your head while you were sleeping last night."

"Ash!" she said. "Are you crazy? Last time that happened-"

"Last time was to rid the enchanted world from your mind," he explained. "This time was to protect your mind from foreigners. They cannot get in your head, but you still know this world and see the magical beings."

She sighed, shaking her head. "You need to tell me before doing things like that." She stared off into the distance for a moment. "But... thank you, Ash. How you care means a lot to me, it really does."

He smiled in response. "You're welcome, Angel."

She rested her arms on her knees, taking a deep breath before exhaling. "I think I'd feel better if I got Luna back."

Ash nodded and smiled, holding out his hand. "Let's go get Meadow Junior."