24 - Nightmare...

What... am I doing? Meadow thought as she started to the ocean. I can't control myself.

"Come..." the voice whispered from the waves as she stepped toward them, "come with me... To the ocean. Where the gods are at sea."

Stop... she thought to herself. Stop walking. What am I doing?

Her feet collided with the waves, and she started stepping further into the sea, the bottoms of her dress dampening with the water.

I can't... control myself... she thought, heart pounding. What am I doing? I'm going to die!

The waves were at her waist now, and she could feel her heart pounding as the water consumed her in ice.

It wasn't warm like the voice said before... it felt bitterly cold.

The water was at her throat now, and she started walking further in the waves when something caught her arm and reeled her out, making her scream.

The next thing she knew, she was lying on the sand with Ash holding her from above.

Wings sprouted from his back, folding around them both as if to keep her warm.

"Shhh..." he whispered, "I got you. You're safe now, but don't scream, alright?"

When she looked up, a pair of white eyes beamed through the wave that swarmed above them.

"Ash!" she cried. "Watch out!"