chapter thirty-one

"hey, you wanna go off camp for lunch?" xiaojun questioned as he walked into his and hendery's bedroom, staring at his phone as he searched up good places to eat.

xiaojun's eyes flickered up and he swore he regretted his entire existence.

"omfg- I'm so sorry-" xiaojun gasped softly, slapping a hand over his mouth as he turned around, stifling an embarrassed laugh from escaping his mouth.

hendery stood behind him, wide eyed as he loosely held a towel in his hands.

he was shirtless, only wearing his sweatpants, his upper body still slightly wet and his dark hair damp, sticking to his forehead (the sound I would let out if I saw this irl like- xiaojun a soldier fr).

"I-...it's fine.." hendery blushed and chuckled softly. "you can turn around now if you'd like."

xiaojun turned around, still covering most of his face with his sweater paws in a miserable attempt to hide his cherry-red face.

both boys stood in there places with pursed lips, eye contact suddenly nonexistent as they stared anywhere but at each other.

it wasn't long before xiaojun couldn't control it anymore and started giggling quietly, hendery soon joining him in a laughter battle.

"I'm so sorry! I'll knock next time." xiaojun managed to utter out in between fits of laughter, bringing both hands up again to cover his extremely red face.

hendery smiled softly, making his way closer to the older.

he gently removed the older's hands before pressing a soft kiss against the tip of his nose.

"it's fine, dejun. don't worry." hendery smiled brightly at xiaojun, the younger's actions + his bright smile causing xiaojun to turn into even more of a blushing mess (if that's even possible I mean bro is pretty red rn).

"now, what were you saying, pretty?" hendery smirked softly seeing the older's red face. he thought he'd tease the older a bit more because, well, why not?

hendery let go of xiaojun's hands, snaking his arms around the older's slim waist and pulling him closer to hendery's own half-naked body.

xiaojun froze because of what was happening, completely speechless.

his mouth fell agape and he uttered out some words which sounded like...well, words.

"I...uh...wh-what did you want f-for d-dinner- wait! no! not dinner! I meant l-lunch- wait that wasn't my question-! I-" hendery pursed his lips, clearly enjoying the way he could make xiaojun go insane by doing something so simple.

"you were saying, beautiful?" hendery smirked wider as he leaned closer to xiaojun's face, making the older subconsciously place a hand on hendery's chest and lean back a little to create some distance between the two. though it really was no use since xiaojun's eyes fluttered shut when he felt hendery's lips ghost his own, his breath tickling his chin.

hendery felt shivers run down his spine as he felt xiaojun's warm fingertips brush against and make contact with his bare skin, the rest of his hand thankfully covered by the sleeve of his sweater. hendery was pretty sure he'd lose his mind if he felt the entirety of xiaojun's warm hands against his relatively cold skin.

"where a fucking shirt, idiot!!!" xiaojun whined as he hit hendery's chest, leaning his head down to hide his blushing face in the younger's bare chest.

hendery chuckled softly as he stared down at the older.

"cute..." he muttered out softly as he reached one arm up to play with the older's silver-gray hair, the other still tightly wrapped around xiaojun's lower back, fingers running soft circles along his waist through his sweater, each touch making a shiver run down xiaojun's spine.

"I know, I'm cute. now go change into something appropriate! we're going off camp for lunch with chenle and jisung." xiaojun muttered against hendery's bare skin as he shifted his head to lean against the younger's shoulder.

hendery pursed his lips as xiaojun's breath was like a fiery-hot touch against his icy-cold skin, immediately making him feel a million butterflies in his stomach.

hendery gently pressed his lips against xiaojun's temple before letting go of him and heading towards their shared closet to change into something more appropriate for the outdoors, leaving xiaojun there a blushing mess.

"...fucking idiot." xiaojun quietly squealed into his sweater paws as he shook his head side to side like crazy, resisting the overwhelming urge to stomp his feet against the wooden floorboards under him.

yup. he's in love.

---

we have a goner. 😭💀 it's hendery, though, so I understand. 🥹💗