chapter eighteen

so, yeah. the plans doyoung made for donghyuck to watch a movie with him quickly went down the drain and were forgotten the second the fight ensued earlier that day.

doyoung was currently laying in bed, twisting and turning in the darkness as he tried to find a comfortable position to lay in, but nothing seemed to be working.

"you know the more you move, the louder you get, right?" lucas's voice scared the shit out of doyoung as he immediately sat up.

"okay, what the hell is it with you and jungwoo and just scaring me in the middle of the night?!?" doyoung whisper-yelled at the younger, trying not to wake up the peaceful jungwoo who was sleeping in his own bed between the two.

"why aren't you asleep yet?" lucas questioned back, swiftly dodging the question as he distracted the older.

there was a bit of silence before doyoung sighed and fell back onto the sheets again.

"I...don't know." the older sighed, but quickly shook his head as he ran his fingers through his hair. "actually, no."

"'no,' what?" lucas questioned as he silently stepped out of his own bed and trudged his way over to the older's side of the room.

"no, I do know why I'm not asleep yet..." the older exhaled a deep breath as he turned his head to watch the younger.

lucas invited himself onto doyoung's bed, getting up and sitting near the edge as he stared at the laying older.

doyoung sighed again before he sat back up to match the younger's eye level.

"you wanna talk about it..?" the younger of the two carefully approached the topic. the last thing lucas needed was doyoung blowing up on him and waking the whole camp up.

"not really.." doyoung sighed.

"you're sighing quite a lot..." lucas noted.

"I know!" doyoung cried out as he fell back onto the sheets again, sighing again. though he quickly slapped a hand over his mouth and winced when he heard jungwoo shuffle in his own bed.

it was lucas's turn to sigh as he made his way closer to the older before laying down next to him.

"w-what are you-"

"well, apparently cuddles help you sleep, so come here." lucas stated as he turned to his side and wrapped his arms around the older, making doyoung freeze.

oh, how grateful the older was that the room was dark, or else his flushed face would be on full display for lucas.

"stop worrying about it right now, okay? just sleep." lucas whispered into the older's ears as he kicked the blanket over both of them.

doyoung relaxed in the younger's touch before wrapping one arm around the younger's waist while the other rested under the younger's head since the pillow was quite small.

"thank you..." was the last thing doyoung managed to mutter out as he started to feel himself drifting into temporary darkness.

lucas smiled softly as he felt the older relax fully in his arms.

he stared at the older's pretty facial features for what felt like an eternity, his gaze drifting between the older's pretty, upturned lips to his beautiful slanted almond eyes.

eventually, lucas had snapped out of it and decided it was time for him to also get some rest.

it's been a long day, after all.

---

"can we watch a movie?" yangyang suddenly suggested as he noticed the two older males just wrapped up in their phones.