chapter one

donghyuck huffed as he threw his phone on the couch in his friend's living room, his body following only seconds after.

"this is so unfair!!!" he groaned into the couch cushions as he flailed his legs and arms around like a little toddler throwing a tantrum.

doyoung, donghyuck's friend (and son of the owners of the house), grabbed the younger's legs before pulling him off the couch and onto the carpet underneath his feet.

"ow! hyung, what the fu-"

"don't kick and punch the couch just because you're upset or else I won't hesitate to throw your ass outside onto the cement. my house, my rules." doyoung threatened as he glared down at the younger who was starting to sit up, but quickly retreated back to laying down on the fluffy carpet under him.

"fineeee!~ whatever." donghyuck rolled his eyes and sighed as he stared up at the ceiling. the jet-black haired boy standing in front of the younger just sighed before running a hand threw his soft locks.

"uh, oh. what is he whining about this time?" another jet-black haired boy entered the room from the kitchen with a cup of coffee in his hands. as soon as his eyes landed on the purple haired boy sprawled out on the carpet, he rolled his eyes and questioned in a playfully condescending tone.

"I really, really hate you. you know that, right, ten-hyung?" donghyuck sighed and addressed the older, not even bothering to spare him a glance.

ten smirked as he sat down on the now unoccupied couch. "oh, I know. the constant whines and need for my attention totally give it away." ten teased the younger sarcastically, only to receive a rude gesture from the the purple haired boy who continued to stare up at the white, ever-so-interesting ceiling.

"I know damn well there ain't nothing interesting up there, so why is he sulking?" the oldest of the bunch questioned as he walked into the room and spotted donghyuck on the floor. he had soft, slightly long, golden brown hair which softly bounced as he advanced towards the three other boys.

doyoung sighed as he sat down next to ten, snatching the coffee cup out of the younger's hands and taking a sip for himself.

"I-... excuse you, whore." ten rolled his eyes and muttered in a snappy tone as he leaned back into the couch.

"hyuck's upset because we have to go on that summer field course thing." doyoung explained, ignoring ten's sassy attitude.

"hey! I am reasonably upset!" donghyuck was quick to defend himself, finally shooting up to his feet from his laying position on the floor. "I mean, who in their right mind wants to spend their summer on a stupid camping trip in the middle of nowhere with no good cell service and random strangers who, for all you know, could murder you in your sleep!" donghyuck stated.

"I do." another boy with black and blonde hair shrugged as he entered the room from another area of the house, his eyes glued to his phone screen as he plopped down on the couch next to doyoung.

donghyuck scoffed as ten chuckled.

"well, of course you do, renjun. you're the one who's going to murder everyone else after all." ten chuckled as he playfully rolled his eyes again, pulling out his phone to scroll through social media.

the one with golden brown hair, taeil, who was silently witnessing everything, sighed before turning to donghyuck. "don't be too pissy. at least we all will be there. plus, look at the bright side! at least it's not tents we have to sleep in." taeil chuckled as he walked past the group and into the kitchen.

"but, to be fair, their beds are probably shitty ass hell." renjun shrugged his shoulders as he exhaled deeply and leaned his body weight against doyoung. "I'm bored." he stated, quickly steering the conversation somewhere else.