chapter twenty-three

the group had finished their dinner and were now heading back to their cabins after a long day.

"I'm lowkey gonna miss the cuddles." taeyong pouted as he walked donghyuck to his dorm.

"I always exist, you know." johnny scoffed.

"I'm here, too!!" jaehyun added in as he caught up to the three.

taeyong rolled his eyes, but donghyuck didn't miss the shy blush on his cheeks.

"alright, spill. what's the tea between you three?" hyuck smirked as he nudged taeyong's shoulder, questioning him in a soft, quiet tone.

taeyong's blush only grew, visible clearly under the moonlight.

hyuck whistled quietly and nudged taeyong again, teasing the older.

"okay, okay! shut up! and, honestly, I don't know anything yet myself, so...keep this between us." taeyong bit back his joyful smile. he felt like he was back in high school with a silly little crush all over again, gossiping with his friends about all the possibilities.

donghyuck smiled brightly and nodded understandingly as they reached his cabin.

"alright! good night, hyungs! thank you for letting me stay over so long!" donghyuck chuckled softly as he turned to the three older boys.

"you're always welcome, hyuckie." taeyong smiled softly as johnny ruffled the youngest's hair.

"we'll see you in the morning. good night, hyuck." jaehyun waved as the three turned to walk to their cabin.

donghyuck smiled fondly before turning around and hesitating before opening the door to his own cabin.

"fuck my life." he quietly groaned as he begrudgingly trudged towards the bedroom (stan seventeen).

---

mark turned his head and watched the bedroom door open, revealing a head of soft-looking, purple hair.

"I didn't think you'd actually consider even coming back anytime soon." mark scoffed softly as he quickly pulled his black shirt over his head. "your bed's been collecting dust."

"so I've noticed." donghyuck sighed as he let his body fall onto his sheets, almost immediately closing his eyes at the comfort of having a bed to himself for once after a long while.

"it's been a long day, so...I'll save you some of the bullshit." mark sighed. "get ready for bed quickly and then turn off the lights on your way."

hyuck sighed again ever so softly before sitting up and nodding.

he was exhausted. both mentally and physically. and probably even emotionally and socially, too.

"donghyuck-"
"yeah, yeah! I've got it!"

hyuck quickly snapped out of it before springing to his feet, almost immediately regretting it when he felt the pain shoot up his leg again.

'it'll be gone by the morning, or after a little walk.' is what he kept telling himself in hopes he'll eventually believe it.

but he knew better.

it wouldn't be gone anytime soon.

---

this was kind of a filler chapter 😭💀🤷
also omg my birthday is soon!! eekskdbsghfjaskjdfnsjd <33333