chapter thirty

thirty chapters already??? 😦 damn- freewriting really gets me somewhere, especially since I'm so passionate about this story 🤩🥹💗

it was about 11 a.m. right now and everyone had finally woken up and left their cabins, not even caring that they missed breakfast.

doyoung was walking out of his cabin when taeyong suddenly approached him.

"hey, stranger." taeyong smiled as doyoung noticed his presence.

doyoung playfully rolled his eyes, a wide grin on his lips. "what do you want, yongie?"

taeyong's smile grew. "nothing. just wanted to say thank you for cleaning up the mess last night. yuta told me you forced mark and hyuck to help as well, so thanks for that." taeyong chuckled.

doyoung nodded. "I know how much of a neat freak you are. don't worry about it, yongie." the younger of the two smiled brightly at the older.

the two of them continued their conversation about everything and nothing as they advanced towards the rest of the group who were spread out around the grassy field.

even if doyoung and taeyong had dated in the past and then broke up, they never let any of it affect their friendship with each other.

honestly, their relationship never really was a relationship. I mean, sure they kissed, were slightly intimate with each other, and other stuff like that, but it was clear both sides always forced this overwhelming amount of affection on each other because they were scared that they'd hurt the other's feelings by admitting that they weren't meant to be.

well, jokes on them, because as it turns out, neither of them liked the other in a romantic way at all.

also, they realized that the only reason they dated in the first place was because they thought it was right since they kissed one night while they were drunk, but that proved to be more of a one-time, desperate type of thing because they never felt anything when they kissed the other times during their "relationship."

so, they broke up. 🤷 but their friendship never changed, and they both made sure they didn't have any romantic feelings for the other.

they went on with life, dated other people, explored their sexualities more, and they never ran into any other problems involving the two of them, drunk, and together in the same bed making out, so. 🤷

they're best friends, and sometimes it's meant to stay like that, even if they made out while they were drunk and hormonal.

and, yeah, maybe another reason why they broke up was kind of because they were sick of each other's attitudes. 😭💀🤡 but who needs to know that? not me. not you. certainly not mark (he'd say, "I told you so!" and brag about it in your face all week). 💀🤡🤷

doyoung and taeyong were currently dying laughing over something taeyong had said, clinging to each other for support because if they didn't, they'd fall to the floor.

the two, despite their history, were still really touchy and affectionate with each other, but they knew each other's boundaries, where the line ended, and where they stood in each other's lives.

though, there were always people who remained skeptical of the whole situation.

for one, donghyuck. but that's mainly because he was sad his parents were breaking up. oh well. 🤷 sucks to suck, I guess.

some other people who were skeptical of the situation were none other than johnny, jaehyun, jungwoo, and lucas.

okay, alright. maybe skeptical isn't the right word, but more doubtful.