chapter six

renjun always loved cabins. and no, not just because they're primarily secluded and no one for at least 50 miles could hear you if you screamed bloody murder.

he loved cabins because, as creepy as the exterior was, the interior was almost always cozy, warm, and gave a homey feeling.

that feeling was exactly what renjun felt right now as he stepped inside his cabin and shut the door behind him, blocking out any of the cold gusts of wind that started to settle in.

"even in summer, the heat never comes." renjun muttered under his breath, rolling his eyes as he shrugged off his coat and hung it up neatly on the rack next to the door.

"I guess it would make sense, considering that we're up closer to the mountains.." renjun sighed as he walked into the spacious living room.

he'd have to say, he was surprised. usually, architectures' never made the living rooms of cabins big. that was a job that was usually left for the interior designers to do. make the place look big and spacious, even if it wasn't all that.

renjun would know best since he was a fashion design major, which eventually came with an interior design course. he was never one to complain, though. he loved what he did and obviously hoped to pursue it as a career someday.

renjun looked around the cabin, taking in every detail. he always loved to go places and scope out the layout and design for wherever he stayed at. it helped him get inspiration for what he would do differently and what he would keep as is.

eventually after looking at every single detail of the place, he made his way into the bedroom.

there were three neatly made beds, each as dull and plain as the next.

"talk about being boring." renjun scoffed as he remembered the bus ride to this place and all the unrealistically high expectations he had.

"I mean, seriously, if you're going to take a bunch of stupid college kids somewhere right after finals week, at least make it fun!" he rolled his eyes and grumbled to himself as he looked around the boring room.

there wasn't much to observe, and that itself kind of ticked renjun off. it was all so dull and...white. or cream. or beige. whatever. at this point, renjun didn't give enough fucks to care about what color the room was.

he quickly left the room since he felt suffocated by the lack of color, immediately searching for comfort in the living room.

he couldn't wait till his roommates showed up so he could finally claim a bed for himself and start decorating before he lost his mind.

renjun sighed as he plopped down onto the couch.

"whenever that is..."

---

renjun flinched when he heard the door open and close.

he looked up at the top left corner of his phone. it had been at least fifteen minutes since he had come inside.

"sorry, did we scare you?" a soft voice worded out.

renjun looked up to find a boy with platinum-ash blonde hair smiling softly at him as he walked into the living room, another boy with medium blonde/sandy blonde hair not too far behind him.

"oh, no, don't worry. you didn't." renjun smiling softly as he stood up.

"I'm renjun." he introduced himself, bowing respectfully despite the fact that he wanted to rip the two boys' heads off of their bodies.

"jeno! nice to meet you." the first, taller boy smiled and bowed back.

"jaemin." the other boy smiled half-heartedly and bowed.

"I haven't picked which bed I want yet, out of curtesy." renjun giggled nervously.

renjun didn't understand why, but he felt intimidated in the presence of the two boys in front of him right now. which, for renjun, was a rare occurrence and a rare feeling.

"so I suppose we should do that first." renjun continued.

"yeah, sure! lead the way." jeno smiled, gesturing for renjun to walk first.

---

"I'm shocked you even bothered bringing all that." jaemin scoffed in an amused way as he watched renjun decorate his bed and the area around it.

"let's just say I had a feeling the rooms here would look like the ones inside an insane asylum." renjun sighed, but then froze before slowly eyeing the two males watching him right now. "don't ask how or why I know what the room of an insane asylum looks like."

"yeah, I have a feeling we don't want to know." jeno chuckled as he kicked his suitcase under the bed frame, moving on to another one.

"woah, woah, woah! slow your role, samoyed! you don't speak for both of us." jaemin scoffed as he eyed jeno with an offended look.

looking back over at renjun, he smirked slyly. "I, unlike my cowardly best friend over here, would love to know why and how you know what the inside of a room in an insane asylum looks like."

renjun giggled nervously before narrowing his eyes at the younger and smiling his iconic crazy, calm smile.

"now that is a story for another day in the far, far future where you and I don't talk." renjun smiled thinly at jaemin as he grabbed his neatly folded clothes, walking past the younger as he made his way towards the closet.

"he scares me.." jeno mumbled, more to himself than anyone else.

"I'm kind of into it- ow!" jaemin smirked at the closet door where renjun disappeared into, but quickly scowled over at his best friend who just smacked him with a pillow.

"dude, those things weigh like a brick!"

"it's a pillow!?!??!"

renjun, from inside the closet, giggled quietly as he put his clothes away, a slight hint of blush on his cheeks from what jaemin said.

"this will be a long three months." renjun sighed to himself, but the smile on his lips remained.

---

I was about to put norenmin, chenji, sungtaro, and markhyuck in the same chapter, but I got lazy. 😭💀🤡 so, for now, norenmin have their own chapter! :D <3