chapter twenty-eight

back at camp, everyone was finishing up the last few exercises after they had dinner (which consisted of mainly small ice breaker games and such).

"alright, guys!" seulgi chuckled and called out. "go. get out of here. it's saturday, go enjoy your lives. feel free to run around and explore, but try not to get lost and avoid the restricted areas. there are dangerous plants and wildlife out here, so be careful." seulgi smiled.

"you have a free day to do whatever you'd like tomorrow! whether that be go outside camp and explore the city, or just chill indoors." irene noted. "regular meal schedules, though!"

the students cheered before running off in different directions.

"yo, losers!" johnny called out as he approached the rest of the neos (minus hendery and xiaojun because they're still not back). "movie night at our cabin?"

"oo! I'm in!" shotaro smiled as sungchan nodded.

"sure, but I'll probably be asleep two minutes into the movie." ten shrugged.

the rest of the boys one by one started to agree, which then eventually resulted in all 21 of them cramped up in johnny, jaehyun, and taeyong's cabin.

jaehyun, yuta, and taeyong were currently helping johnny move the tv stand and coffee table back a little so they all had a bit more space to sit.

that's when doyoung and renjun came in with two medium sized boxes of snacks and drinks.

"we asked irene to give some snacks, so here we are." renjun smiled as he placed the box down on the small counter near the snack bar.

"and by that, he means he threatened to start a wildfire if she didn't hand over any snacks they had." doyoung sighed as he placed the other box next to the box renjun was carrying.

the group laughed as jungwoo and lucas both stood up to help doyoung put the drinks in the mini fridge and the snacks on the table.

chenle and jisung were currently cuddled up on the floor, goofing around to inside jokes that only they knew the context to.

directly above chenle and jisung one the couch was ten, who was currently one the verge of falling asleep, yangyang sitting on his lap (against yangyang's own will, but the younger stopped complaining the second ten bit his shoulder). kun was sitting next to the two, his shoulder a support for ten's head as the younger tried his best to stay awake.

jeno and jaemin were off to one side, cuddling on the floor. their affectionate behavior with each other (and occasionally with renjun) was no longer a surprise to anyone.

mark and hyuck were sitting next to each other on the couch, shotaro on sungchan's lap next to them because the two were fucking inseparable.

taeil and winwin were directly under them on the floor, soon joined by yuta after the others got the tv situation in order.

johnny, taeyong, and jaehyun soon sat down on the floor near chenle and jisung, and after passing out all the snacks, doyoung, jungwoo, and lucas soon sat near jeno and jaemin while renjun sat down near taeil and winwin.

"alright! what movie?" taeyong mindlessly questioned as he made his way to netflix and logged into his account.

oh, how quickly he regretted asking that question.

the room immediately filled with loud chatter as almost everyone suggested a different movie.

ten groaned before using yangyang's hands to cover his ears, yangyang mindlessly complying with the older.

renjun simply just lifted up the hood of his hoodie and pulled at the strings, basically encasing himself in his own cocoon to escape the chaos.

hyuck sighed and shook his head before leaning his head against mark's shoulder, pulling out his phone to distract himself from everyone else. he was still pretty tired from yesterday's chaotic events, and he regretted agreeing to the movie night.