chapter twenty

"are you sure you wanna go in there?" taeyong quietly questioned as he and donghyuck walked out of his cabin, johnny and jaehyun not too far behind.

it was currently 7:30 in the morning, and unlike the previous day, most of the group was already outside.

"well, you're going to be there, yeah?" donghyuck looked up at taeyong and questioned.

"yeah."
"then? what do I have to worry about? I mean, unless you're out to get me, too?"

the two chuckled softly as they trudged their way over to hyuck's cabin.

"morning, hyuckie! morning, hyung!" shotaro happily piped up as he and sungchan passed the two boys.

"good morning, shotaro." taeyong smiled softly at the younger as donghyuck stopped to converse with sungchan a little.

"get off me!!" kun groaned as he tried to shake a very clingy yangyang off his figure.

"I knew we shouldn't have watched that fucking movie-" ten sighed.

"you were the one who suggested it??!?" yangyang screeched.

"well, I don't get why you're scared! you literally watched it before!"
"shut up! at least I'm not scared of fruits!"

yangyang screeched again as ten took off his shoe and chucked it in yangyang's direction.

kun shook his head as he pried the younger off him and walked away to go find chenle, leaving yangyang alone with a very annoyed ten.

"anyway..." hyuck blinked before turning back around. "let's go before I have to show up to breakfast looking like a mess."

taeyong playfully rolled his eyes before pushing hyuck in the direction of his cabin.

the closer the two got, the more prominent and heavy the pit in donghyuck's stomach got.

'this is like the first day here all over again..' donghyuck grumbled at the thought.

"you'll be fine, okay?" taeyong reassured when he noticed the younger's tense figure. "just stay close to me."

"oh, yeah, because that'll definitely help me." donghyuck playfully rolled his eyes and teased.

"you're lucky I care for you or else I would've slapped the brat out of you years ago." taeyong rolled his eyes as the two entered the cabin.

"kinky."
"lee donghyuck-!!"
"I'm kidding!!!...or am I-?"
"istg (istj)- donghyuck-!!!"

---

"mark, get your lazy ass u- oh.." taeyong didn't get the chance to finish his sentence because the second he slammed open the bedroom door, mark was already in bed, ready, scrolling through his phone.

mark deadpanned as he looked up from his phone. "good morning to you, too, dumbfuck."

taeyong scoffed but still entered the room, donghyuck entering seconds after him.

mark eyed the youngest of the three for a split second (or so he thought. it was more like an eternity) and immediately felt a surge of jealousy and anger rush through his veins.

mark knew why he was angry. I mean, it's donghyuck, after all. the day he didn't get angry at the sight of the younger would be never. even if they both died and went to hell, he'd still get angry whenever he saw the younger (or so he thinks).

but jealousy...

mark couldn't understand if he was jealous because donghyuck was so freely and comfortably hanging out with mark's best friends, or if he was jealous because donghyuck was so freely and comfortably hanging out with mark's best friends and never acted that way around mark himself.