37

Busy morning as usual and the house was a mess, again. The kids had to go to school, and Sam was recording a few songs that were not realeased as part of Seventeen Going Under. At least Sam was home so I had time to get a shower, do my make up and get ready without having my two kids around.

I was in the bathroom downstairs, just across the kitchen, where the kids were having breakfast while fighting. I could tell by Sam's continuous sighs that he was getting tired of this situation.

"Could youse not fight for one morning?" I heard him say. The kicks under the tables could be heard from the bathroom. "Youse need to finish breakfast now" The sound of scrambled eggs being made could be also heard.

Sam became the most considerate father and loving partner. I could not manage without him and he was an absolute blessing. He was a father not only to Elliott but to Beth as well. This has brought up problems every now and then as Beth as to go to Colchester twice a month to be with her father but she wants to stay in Shields. We tried to move to London but our adventure lasted a month and a half, no one could stand the buzzing life down there. Then again, Elliott would be better off in London. He looked exactly like Sam and I could not deny that he is British. His hair was light blonde and his eyes, light blue. His cheeks would often get rosy at any time as he was also really pale. The thing is that another thing he got from his dad is being sensitive. He is three, shy and he is not afraid of crying whenever he feels like it. It is something that Sam and I taught him to do. However, a boy showing his emotions up north was not well seen and we had a few calls from his school about him getting picked on due to this 'issue'.

"Oi!" I made my way into the kitchen. "You two, call it off now" I said in my mom voice. Both of the kids frowned, which meant that I had finally stopped the second fight of the morning. "Smells really good, aye?" I kissed Sam's cheek as I looked to the pan in which he was making breakfast in.

"I've told you that I'm recording a few songs but I lied" I frowned. "I signed up for MasterChef, I'm about to classify for the final" I roll my eyes.

"So funny" I reply. He pecked my lips with his.

"NO PDA" Said Beth.

"Hey you" Sam turned around. "No raising your voice, alright?" Beth nodded and Sam's attention went back to the pan.

I sat down besides Elliott, as he often needed help to finish his breakfast and it was easier to assume that I would have to help him rather than starting another fight.

"How you doing with your breakfast today, love?" I asked Elliott as pulled his fringe back from his face. He nodded as he played with the bits of fruits that were left in the plate. Sam handed me my scrambled eggs and he sat down besides Beth (and in front of Elliott) to have his coffee and cereals (and whatever food he managed to get from Elliott's plate).

"You got everything ready for Colchester, darling?" I asked my daughter as I started eating my food.

"I don't" Sam looked at her while frowning.

"What do you mean by you don't, love?" He asked. Beth lifted her shoulders.

"I don't want to go. I want to stay here with Sam, Elliott and mam" The northern accent had started to really kick in. I attributed this to her obsession with Sam but he would often say that she was a true northerner.

"Beth, we've been through this a hundred times my love" I told her. "You have to go see your dad and your grandparents down south, yeah?" I said.

"Yeah, you get the best of both worlds" Sam said referring to her having family up in Newcastle and down in Essex.