CH.P 15

I sign the papers, getting the keys.
"Thank you so much."
I smile at the lady, getting up from my chair. She nods, leading me out of her little office. I exhale, walking outside to my car. Unlocking it, sitting for a moment. Staring at the keys in my hand. I breathe out a laugh, rubbing my thumb over the ridges. It's finally over. I'm safe, Cora will be safe. Everything will finally be okay. I turn on my car, backing out. Speeding home. Excited.

A few weeks ago, we went to view it. A house smaller than the one with the band, but it'll be just perfect for me and Cora. I never thought I'd fall so hard for her, but there's something about that girl that I can't resist. Just my makeup artist to my everything. I remember how her face lit up seeing the house. How she said yes to it so easily.

She just wanted out, like me. I grab the new house keys, stuffing in my pocket. Running my fingers through my hair, pushing it back as I walk in. Our boxes piled by the couch. Gustav in the kitchen with the other two. I glance up the steps, my door is closed. Good. I walk into the kitchen, Tom is sitting there with the others. Good.

I smile greedily, taking out the keys.
"Guess who's getting the fuck out!"
I grin, their heads all turn to me, shocked when the keys jingle in my hands. Tom looks the most devastated, which is weird. But I get it at the same time. I sigh in contentment, feeling the relief. I'm getting out tonight.

"Wow, that was soon."
Gustav says quietly, I snicker.
"Yep, I'm calling the movers to get our stuff tonight."
I say, feeling the tension build up. Tom suddenly gets up, trailing to me. We still have been distant since that night, but I don't really mind.

He throws his arms around me, squeezing me. I tense up, feeling akward. I kind of hug him back, cringing. He sniffles, but I don't feel bad anymore. That night was my last straw, Tom had crossed the line.
"I'm sorry, Bill."
He crumbles into a mess in my arms, shocking everyone.

"I know."
I mutter, feeling emotionless toward him. Tom pulls away, making me feel the slightest bit of regret when he looks at me like that. But he still did what he did, and that snaps me right out of it. He sighs, looking to the ground. I stand there, looking at him as the other two akwardly shuffle their way somewhere else.

"You know I'll never forgive you, Tom. I just can't, not after what I seen."
I say sternly, my voice strong. Tom wipes his cheek with the back of his hand, nodding.
"I-I know. I know what I did was so wrong, but I was switched, Bill. And when you beat me up, I changed. I wasn't mean anymore."

I feel a squeeze in my chest just remembering the night, how I beat him nearly senseless. I was pissed, but I did something wrong that night too. Tom was soft and I didn't care by then, he's my family. I just need a break from him.
"Look, I seen these pills online that help with bipolar symptoms. I'll send you them."
I say coldly.

Tom's face darkens, like he truly expected me to bow at his feet and accept his apology like I always did. Just because I felt bad that I made Tom cry, well, not anymore. I'm tired of being ran over like a doormat, I'm fed up with it. And Cora helped me realize that I needed to stick up for myself. And this is the result.

"O-Okay."
He stammers. I turn away, leaving him as I begin to go upstairs. He runs out of the kitchen, stopping me halfway up the steps.
"Hey Bill?"
He calls out. I sigh, turning around. Glaring down at him, feeling higher than him fills me with adrenalin.

His eyes fill up with tears again, bloodshot from crying recently.
"Yes?"
Tom looks at his feet a moment before looking back up at me. I grow impatient, making that known by my stance.
"I-I love you."

I bite my lip, holding back saying it out of habit. I nod, walking away. I felt my heart shatter doing such a thing, but there's only one way to make it known that I'm done with all their games. I hear Tom begin to cry at the bottom of the steps as I go into my room. Cora sleeps peacefully, her soft snores fill the room and my ears.

I smile, walking to her side. Crawling up with the keys in my hand, I sit on my knees beside her. Shaking her awake. Her eyes flutter open at me, she looks up. A half-awake, confused look on her face.
"What are you doing?"
She mumbles.

I laugh, holding up the keys without saying a word. Slightly swinging them so she recognizes this. She instantly sits up, gasping.
"Are you serious?"
She cries, eyes filling up with tears. Gosh, not her too. I laugh, pulling her into a hug. She jumps into me, squeezing me.

"Oh thank you, Bill! Thank you!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*A Month Later*

Cora skips out of the room, admiring our new house. It smells old, but in the best way. I finally feel at peace and content.
"This is so amazing, Bill!"
She laughs, spinning on the hardwood.
"I can't believe we can finally be together and be safe."
Cora collapses next to me on the new couch, it repells her up a bit, making me laugh.

I part my legs, setting my magazine aside. She crawls up in between my legs and lays across my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I rub her back, holding her close.
"I can't believe it either, but I can only feel happy that you're safe from Tom now."
I say, cautious of how she'll react to even hearing his name after that day.

Our last day talking to him, we haven't spoken to him since. We post-poned any concerts until our issues are ressolved. I know I won't be able to live without my brother forever, but until he gets his life together, we need time apart.
"Thank you, Bill. You saved me."
She whispers.

Making my heart break at the words.
"You're welcome, my love."
I say softly, watching her crawl up further. I giggle, watching her face smile back at me. I think about everything, about how I've never done anything intimate with her. Scared to frighten her.

I'm so scared that I'd be pushing her into something she didn't want to do. That is the last thing I want to do is force her into sex. Again. I can't do that to my beautiful Cora. No way. I want her to tell me when she's ready, not ever force her.

"I should probably take a shower now, honey."
I say softly, gently pushing her up off my chest. She sighs but allows me to get up. I set my magazine on the table, facing her and kissing her head. She giggles, taking my spot on the couch. Probably because it was warm. I think nothing of it, walking away.