Chapter 26

Day 7

Clint swore to god to never take eco class again, even it was just a two hours flight from LA to Vegas. It hurt his back but Maria said it was emergency so he had no choice. Tony’s plane wasn’t available because the billionaire flew out to Seattle with Pepper on Stark Industries business.

Plane landed and Clint took a can straight to Natasha's apartment where Maria told him to meet up with her. The security guy let him in when he dropped his name. The guy told him that Maria was waiting for him right now.

Maria let Clint in and from the first look on Maria's face and the horrible stage of the apartment, Natasha was far gone.

"How is she?"

"Holding steady but I'm not sure how long before she hit that road."

"Let's hope she's not."

"Clint, she had been crying non-stop since he left her. I literally mean it."

"Steve isn't in a good shape either."

Maria snorted. "He deserved. After what he did to her."

"I know but I can see that he regret his choice of leaving her."

"Who leaving who?"

A quiet voice startled them both and they kept their mouth shut right away. They turned to see Natasha was standing in the doorway, looking terrible like she never been before. She was pale, thinner than Clint remember from the last time he saw her, like she didn't eat enough food since Steve left her. Happiness was also gone from her eyes and her bearing. This Natasha was just a shell because she already died inside.

Clint felt pity for her but he couldn't do anything to make them get back together again. Not when Steve made his choice to marry Sharon and his friend was adamant about it. Not when Natasha was this sad and heartbreak and he didn't know that Steve still wanted her or not.

He didn't want to risk their heart playing matchmaker since their hearts were so fragile right now.

"Hey, baby girl." Clint greeted, giving her a bright smile in hoping that it might lighten up her mood. "You look like hell."

Nat's lips twitched a little. "Tell me something I don't know."

They went in for a hug and Nat held on tight to Clint. His presence was always brighten up the room with his energy and his fun character.

"Why are you here?" Nat asked, secretly hoping that he came with some news about Steve.

"Maria..." Clint stammered, trying to find the answer that wasn't going to hurt Natasha's feeling.

"Yeah, you better be." She faked a laugh before letting him go.

"I already cooked something for you, Nat."

"Thank you."

Nat walked into the kitchen while Maria and Clint remained in the living room so they could finish their discussion. Their eyes were still looking at Nat worriedly.

"Okay, you didn't exaggerate it when you say she was this bad." Clint admitted. "Why did she act like this?"

"She hurts, Clint. Steve broke her in every way imaginable." Maria said. "She couldn't let go anything belong to him. She wore that shirt to sleep for almost a week now. She can't go out because everything reminded her of him."

"Shit..." Clint muttered. "But we need to take her out. She couldn't cope up in her apartment like this forever. It wasn't healthy."

"I told her like a thousand time already."