Chapter 3

𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟐

“Awwww…”The blond man groaned as he tried to open his eyes, only to findthat they were too heavy. He rolled himself over to the other side and tried again. This time, the baby blue eyes opened to find that the sun was high in the sky and he had probably slept in.

Steve slowly got up and sudden realization hit him like a ton of bricks. Natasha was gone and was no trace of her in his room, as if she wasn’t there to begin with. The woman he fell asleep with and held tight in his arms all night was gone.

He felt emptiness in a way he shouldn’t have. She was just a stranger, only the stripper his friend hired. He didn’t know what had gotten to him last night, maybe it was her—just the way Natasha was. Mysterious, dangerous, and exquisite, with Steve risking himself to play with fire, willing to burn.

Steve looked at the cold place beside him—the place once Natasha slept in his arms, fitting so perfectly. Everything made him think back to her. The way she breathed steadily against his neck or her ragged sexy moans when he went down on her. How her soft hand rested on his chest, the taste of her lips. God…she was only a stranger to him but looked what she did to him.

The Black Widow left men as good as dead after a night with her.

Steve sighed and sunk down on his bed again, closing his eyes only to open them again as he saw her crimson curls and a mischievous smile. Steve decided to get up when he was sure that he couldn’t get the image of Natasha out of his head and went to the bathroom, which he didn’t dare to take a bath in so he went for a quick shower.

When he stood in front of the mirror, he realized one thing that he didn’t last night. He cheated on Sharon. Well, technically, he didn’t cheat on her because she gave him her permission but his moral told him otherwise.

“What the hell were you doing, Rogers?”He muttered to himself. “You have a fiancéback home, what the hell are you doing in Vegas?”

He couldn’t answer himself as he couldn’t bring himself to leave this place. Some part of him didn’t want to go back to LA to his own wedding preparations because he knew he would run away again and probably never return to Sharon.

Steve sighed and dressed up. He walked into the living room only to find that no one was there. The rest of the gang was probably in their bedroom or somewhere inside this penthouse. Steve sat down and ordered his lunch from room service when Clint and Bruce joined him. They obviously had a massive hangover.

“I will order you guys something to nurse your hangover.”Steve said.

His two friends nodded and flopped down on the dining table. Steve took the liberty of ordering everything for everyone and went to get Thor and Tony out of bed. The gang was finally all at the dining table when the room service came to serve them their food.

“What should we do today?”Tony asked.

“Probably cure my hangover,”Clint replied

“Come on, guys. Live it up. We are in Vegas.”Steve said excitedly.

Tony quirked his brows up, “What’s wrong with you? Something is wrong with you, Rogers.”

“Yeah, last night you were the least excited person in the group. Why has it changed all of the sudden?”Thor questioned.

“Holy fuck! It is because of the stripper I hired for you isn’t it? She rocked your world right?”The billionaire asked and then groaned because of the sound of his voice was too loud

“You can say that.”

Yep, she had indeed rocked his world and Steve finally relaxed and loosened up. She had shaken up every foundation of him and maybe awakened the real Steve that was buried deep inside of him. The adventurous, risk taking, carefree Steve Rogers, the man he’d long forgotten when he was dating Sharon.