Chapter 7

𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟔

Steve set an alarm clock for 6 AM and Natasha’s text was the first thing he saw. The message indicated it was sent at 2AM so she was probably still asleep. Steve got up and went to the gym for some workouts. He hadn’t done much since he’d become engaged to Sharon. His life had been surrounded by everything wedding and he’d had no time for working out except for Sunday morning.

It felt good that he finally had his old self back.

Steve went to take a shower and left immediately so that none of his friends could catch him. He left a note that he was meeting with the client at his house outside Vegas. Steve brought Natasha breakfast as she ordered him to.

As if Natasha could predict that he would arrive, she texted him that she’d left the key under the mat and he could let himself him in right away. Steve opened the door to her apartment and found a trail of clothes leading to her bedroom.

Steve froze at the doorway as his heart jumped. Thoughts raced through his mind but he discarded them right away. Natasha had already told him that she never slept with her clients, and he believed her. Steve picked up her clothes and put them in the laundry basket before placing the food on the kitchen counter.

He then proceeded to silently creep inside her bedroom to wake her up and the sight of Natasha made him stop in his tracks again. She was sleeping and her red curls were tousled like a halo above her head. Her flawless skin combined with the sunlight was one breathtaking thing. Steve was caught between drawing her and waking her up for breakfast.

But since there was no equipment for him to draw, Steve had to wake Natasha up—or at least get her out of bed.

“Hey…” He gently shook her arm. “I’m here with breakfast.”

“Go away, Rogers.” She hissed at him,pulling the blanket over herself. “I need more sleep.”

“Come on. I bought you mint choco chip waffles the way you like them.” he tried to persuade her.

“10 more minutes.”

“Okay.”

As he was about to get up from the bed, Natasha grabbed his hand and forced him to sit back down. “Stay.”

Steve couldn’t do anything but sit back down on bed and gently rub his hand on her arm to soothe her. Natasha relaxed and curled herself closer to him. She fell back into deep sleep in a minute.Once Steve was sure that she wouldn’t wake up soon, he gently got up and made sure that he didn’t wake her up.

He went to the kitchen and prepared breakfast in bed for Natasha because it was the only way to wake her up. He make a cup of coffee and put fresh fruit on the tray.

“Natasha,” Steve called, which was followed by her frustrated groan. “Your breakfast’s here.”

Natasha opened her eyes as he sat the tray in front of her.

“Aww, you’re so sweet.” She said and smiled sleepily at him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

He sat down opposite of her as they began to eat their food. Even though Natasha had her own waffle, she still stole Steve’s pancakes and bacon. He let her because he knew she need a lot of nutrients.

“So…what should we do for today?” He asked.

“I don’t wanna go out today.” She said. “I’m too tired and I need to clean my apartment.”

“I can help.” He offered.

“Don’t…You can just go back to the hotel.” Natasha told him.

“I insist. The work can be done faster if we help each other and we’ll probably get some time left to go out if you feel like it.”