Chapter 4

𝐋𝐚𝐬 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐬, 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟑

Steve woke up to his phone blaring from his bedside. His hand tried to scramble for the source of the noise. He cracked his eyes open and saw Natasha’s number on the screen.

“Yes…” he answered with a sleepy voice.

“Wake up, sleepy stranger.” Her lively voice came from the other end of the line. Steve could imagine that she was smiling right now just by the sound of her voice. “Get up and let me inside.”

“Wait a second.” Steve told her and slowly crawled out of bed.

He walked downstairs and opened the door to let Natasha into the penthouse. The first thing he saw was her fiery red hair and the mischievous smile on her face.

“You slept in.” she noted. “And you look like hell.”

“Thank you for the compliment. And no, I didn’t get my beauty sleep last night because of you.”

She frowned as they walked upstairs together. “How is it my fault?”

“Well, the show finished late last night and there was strangely heavy traffic at almost midnight!” Steve whined as he opened the door to his bedroom for her. “If you don’t mind, I will sleep for a couple more hours.”

Steve flopped down on his bed and continued to sleep.Natasha settled down next to him and Steve quickly moved to lie his head on her lap. Natasha smiled at the sleeping man and ran her hands through his golden locks.

“Sure, but we have a lot of things to do today.”

“What is your plan for us today?” he murmured.

“It’s a surprise.” Her answer earned Natasha a groan. “If you get up and take a shower, you will find out soon, but I think we should stop for  brunch first.”

Steve whined like a baby but got up and went straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Natasha hummed her approval when he walked out of the bathroom with only his jeans hanging low around his hips, showing his abs and v-line. Damn! That was a fine specimen.

“You’ve already seen me naked, Natasha.” Steve reminded her with a teasing smile. “So stop staring.”

“It’s really hard to do that, Rogers.” She retorted. “Are you trying to seduce me?”

“Kinda, but I know you are immune, and we’re friends, so it wouldn’t be appropriate if I seduced you.” He replied, but it was straight up flirting and Natasha knew that.

Steve was waiting for her to sass back at him but she didn’t. Natasha simply tossed him a t-shirt before dragging him out of the penthouse before someone woke up and saw them. They took a cab to a place that he had never heard before.

“You know, my friends were curious about where I was last night.”

“Really? What did you tell them?”

“I told them that I met a friend and we decided to have dinner for a little catch up.”

“Do they know that you’re lying?”

“Nah, they always assume that everything I tell them is the truth.”

Natasha laughed, but she would probably believe everything he said too. The guy seemed to be an honest and reliable man, especially when she stared into those earnest deep blue eyes that she loved to lose herself in.

“So…where are you taking me?” he asked. “I hope that you are not bringing me somewhere to murder me.”

“Haha,” she laughed sarcastically. “I won’t tell you anything until we get there.”