Chapter 18: Master Chief vs Doomguy

Third POV

As Mei pressed play, the video began with the same rocking music, now playing over images of flying spaceships, horrifying aliens, and monstrous demons.

"A thousand years from now, when monsters from Hell below and aliens from above all come to ravage us to extinction, our final hope will inevitably fall to one lone space marine." Wiz began.

"Like the Master Chief, Badass 101." Boomstick introduced the first fighter.

"And Doomguy, the Bane of Hell itself." Wiz introduced the latter.

"They both look so cool!" Kouta awed the two with stars in his eyes.

"It looks like this fight is going to be a straightforward gunfight," Awase noted.

"He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick." Boomstick introduced themselves

"And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle!" Wiz finished the intro.

The first combatant sent shivers down the spines of the group, along with the Gregorian music chanting in the background. He was a man, tall and large, wearing a bulky set of armor, the armored plates colored moss green and the rest of the armor as a black exosuit. The man's face was always covered by a green helmet with a yellow visor. Overall the man in front of their eyes was shaped like a brick house and his mere presence was incredibly intimidating.

The guys, especially Bakugou, were shaking in excitement and looked at the new fighter in awe, already knowing that this guy was super strong. The girls were intrigued by his physique and the very aura that just screamed masculine and powerful, with Mei and Melissa practically drooling over the armor that the soldier wielded. The pros were intrigued, sensing and figuring out from the way the man walked and carried himself that he was a clear, experienced, and seasoned veteran.

Master Chief.

"In the distant future, humanity set out among the stars and colonized the system they called home." Wiz began. "From Earth's own Moon to the moons of Jupiter, Humanity thrived."

"Ehhh, until typical sci-fi nonsense came to wreck the whole thing," Boomstick said. "From alien invasions, alien zombie invasions, and even rebelling cells of humanity, war, and carnage brewed for years and years."

The group watched images of multiple aliens like hairy, ape-like aliens with large hammers, reptilian-like aliens with armor and glowing swords, and creepy, disgusting bugs, along with multiple scenes of destruction and carnage.

The students shivered and gaped in horror at the massive levels of carnage and destruction that, even with encounters with deadly Villains, they have never witnessed. The pros flinched and grit their teeth in anger over the loss of what appeared to be thousands if not millions of lives.

"And to combat these wars and rivaling alien factions, The United Earth Government reinstated a super soldier training program known as the ORION Project and later the SPARTAN-II Project, creating a new batch of superhuman soldiers referred to as Spartans," Wiz revealed.

"So the future government decided the best way to fight these aliens and rebels was to make super soldiers?" Ojiro asked. "Kind of would need a lot for that to work against three armies worth of aliens, right?"

"Well, that sounds cool," Boomstick said. "Oh wait no, these soldiers were kidnapped kids that they experimented on. Why does every government have to be shady and messed up?"