Chapter 24: Pikachu vs Blanka

Third POV

Mei pressed the play button for the next fight, a few seconds of waiting occurring before the video played.

"When you think of an electrically charged combatants, these two always come to mind." Wiz started the video.

"These two really know how to Charge up a battle field." Boomstick added.

"Hey Midoriya, think you can write that pun down for me?" Kaminari asked. "Might want to use that later?"

"Sure Kamina-" Izuku was interrupted, along with his hand from writing, looking to see Kyouka's hand covering his mouth and her jacks around his wrist.

"No." Kyouka simply said, but the tone of her voice Izuku was sure meant that there was no point in arguing.

"Pikachu, The Electric Mouse Pokémon, and the mascot of Pokémon itself." Wiz revealed the first fighter.

"And Blanka, Street Fighter's man-beast of Brazil." Boomstick introduced the second.

"I got to be Pikachu." Kaminari muttered, his feet tapping impatiently. "I just got to be."

"You said you were sure you were Thor or Raiden and look what happened." Mineta replied.

"I know, but this time is different." Kaminari responded. "I can feel it in my bones."

"Well I'll just be here, waiting for the inevitable money I win in this bet." Mineta replied smugly.

"I can't believe that we actually have a Pokémon fighting in Death Battle." Uraraka said. "And Pikachu no less."

"Well we already had the Mega Man franchise, another video game franchise, appear before in Dr. Eggman vs Dr. Wily, so I'm not that surprised that Pokémon is in this either." Asui replied.

"I'm Wizard and he's Boomstick, and it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills, to find out who would win a Death Battle." Wiz ended the intro.

The first fighter shown was a barely one and a half foot tall creature with yellow and black fur. Most of its small body was covered in yellow fur, from its torso to its tiny arms and even tinier feet. Its back had two lines of brownish fur, as well as the beginning of its lightning bolt shaped tail, the end of the tail rectangular. The Pokémon's head was circular with two black eyes and two prominently featured red patches on his cheeks that seem to spark electricity. Atop his head, were two big ears, the tips of the ears colored in black fur.

The Pokémon looked like a yellow rat to Iida, Momo, and Todoroki, the three who did not play much video games, but the Electric Mouse Pokémon was clearly recognizable to 99% of the group. Even Endeavor recognized the mascot of the Pokémon Company, remembering how he had to bear promoting some event of the video game franchise as to 'boost his popularity' with the kids, or at least that's what one of his agents told him.

The students were excited to see the popular Pokémon of the largest, and continuing, video game franchise in history, the most excited of which were Kaminari and Koda, both big fans of Pokémon, and the former constantly called a Pikachu or Pichu.

"Is this one of the Pokémon that are of that game you mentioned you would let me borrow, Midoriya?" Todoroki asked.

"Oh my god." Mina gaped in horror. "If he doesn't even know about Pikachu...I...I just can't."

"Yes, it is, Todoroki." Izuku replied. "Its actually the most famous one."

"Ah, I see." Todoroki nodded, understanding a bit as to why Mina looked so stunned.