"It's not a problem at all, Luna, don't worry about it. I'm great," he forced a smile and moved his hand, showing that the blood stopped and Whitney wrapped her arms around him, clinging to his side and rubbing his arm comfortingly.

"Why are you back so early anyway? And where's Axel?" Gabbie was now calmed down and looking behind him, her eyebrows scrunching after seeing he's the only one in the hall.

"That's actually why I'm here," he paused, his words tearing my heart into shreds.

What happened to Axel?

What did Jade do?

"Where is he, Blaine?" She asked firmly and her features darkened.

"We were sort of... um, ambushed, and I got out," he admitted, making her growl and punch the doorframe. I flinched at the loud sound, taking a cautious step back from her.

"That's such bullshit! Axel alone can easily take out those good for nothing hunters, but with you and Danny? He's holding back! Why the fuck is he doing that? Why the hell isn't he—" she abruptly stopped when she saw him look at me, her anger fading as if she just realized I was still standing here.

"For her."

Axel's in trouble because of me?

My throat began to swell and I felt a familiar burning in my chest, heat slowly filling my body and my bashfulness began sizzling into nothing the more it grew.

"Take me to him," I demanded, more fire flowing through me that I wasn't able to control.

He widened his eyes and shook his head, "he'd kill me if I ever took you anywhere near them."

"This is my fault. I have to help, she'll take me over him," I frowned, my panic and frustration levels raising, but Gabbie put a hand on my shoulder.

"He doesn't need help, Angel, I was just kind of irate that he let them have the upper hand because that means I can't have fun. We won't put your life in danger. If he can't, or won't, take care of the problem, he'll find a way out of it and think of a solution. I promise you, he's going to be fine," she flashed a smile of reassurance, shaking my shoulder a bit to lighten the mood, "there's a reason he's our Alpha. There's high requirements one has to meet in order to fulfill the position, and the wolf who does the best in those courses takes the role. Nine times out of ten, the Alpha and Luna's child does, which is why most packs canceled the trials and just passed on the title to their firstborn."

I nodded slowly, her confidence assuring me a bit so I feigned a smile at her. My negative feelings were still off the wall but I pushed them down and forced myself to trust her words.

"What were you guys doing anyway? I heard you two nincompoops scream," he said, glancing at his mate when she moved away from him and entered the room.

"We were watching a horror movie," Gabbie answered, stepping aside and allowing him to walk in just as Whitney walked out of the bathroom with her shirt off.

I widened my eyes, looking around the room and at everyone else to see they were calm and not at all embarrassed like I was. Gabbie remained neutral and Blaine was openly gawking her.

Is this normal?

"I know how Gabbie is with her towels, so just use this," she handed him her now dripping wet shirt, averting her eyes to me and frowning, "are you okay?"

"Uh... now that I r-remember, how do you use that?" I awkwardly pointed at the triangular fabric over her very full breasts. The sight jolted slight envy through me.