Moving...Again

Kyungsoo's POV

"Lily, be careful please! I told you not to try and carry more than one box at a time!" I watched as my daughter unsteadily walked up the front steps of the main house, barely able to peek out from behind the two boxes stacked in her arms. Luckily, I saw Jongin approaching the door, so he grabbed the box on top before she could get inside. 

"One box at a time, young lady, what about that didn't make sense?" he scolded sternly but still softly in a way only he could. 

"I'm stronger than I look!" she protested, probably pouting and scowling. 

"I know you are, but let's not try and prove that today, okay? Now go put that with the other kitchen boxes." He pat her head, and I heard her groan before complying, able to walk a little faster now that she could actually see. Meanwhile, Jongin looked at the label on the other box and ended up setting in the living room with just one other box. He exhaled tired when he saw me. "And here I thought moving across the way would be easier," he said as he walked up to me. 

"Tell me about it," I replied with a sigh of agreement, letting him wrap an arm around me and pull me closer. "Why couldn't we just stay in our house?"

He shrugged and rolled his eyes. "Something about making sure the alpha is accessible to all pack members equally? My parents and I never moved when dad became alpha, though, so I'm not sure I understand it entirely." I just hummed in response, and we both stayed quiet for a moment while looking at the house. "It might be nice, though. Lily will finally stopped nagging us for her own room and we'll have a little more space..." I looked at him again after he stopped talking, and I could immediately tell there was one thing he was hesitant to say. "...maybe it'll make me feel closer to them somehow..."

I smiled sympathetically and rested my head against him. "As long as they don't haunt the house, I'll be fine," I said, which made him laugh a few times. Our eyes met and then our lips a moment later. 

"No wonder nothing is getting done, you two are standing around kissing each other!" Apparently, it was our turn to get scolded by Lily, who rolled her eyes at us before stomping off back toward the other house, mumbling something involving the word ridiculous on the way. 

We both laughed. "Remind me to never be worried about her taking over as alpha," Jongin said, and I laughed again in agreement. We followed her and in a few back and forth more trips, we were able to move the last of our things into the house--well, that is the last of the boxes holding our things. Unpacking them would be a completely different battle. 

After taking a break to order and eat dinner, we took care of the moment important things. We only had to carry our bed and one smaller, single bed for Jaehyun up the stairs, luckily, since Lily insisted on having a bigger bed all to herself. There wasn't much furniture to move otherwise since we weren't planning on doing a complete overhaul of what Suho and Lay had. Still, we had a lot of our own things we wanted to bring over as well as some stuff Suho and Lay had specifically said they wanted donated or sent to family after they passed that we had to go through, so it ended up taking most of the weekend to get the place in a more finalized state. 

"We'll talk about painting your room later, okay, princess? One thing at a time," Jongin said while we were stopping in to say goodnight on Sunday. "It's coming along great, though. I like your sense of style."

"Thanks! I can't wait to put up the rest of my pictures. It's gonna be all I'll be thinking about at school tomorrow," she responded, eyes wide with excitement and feet kicking under the blanket. 

"Fair enough, but maybe try to think about school, too, alright," I said after a faint laugh.

She grinned mischievously and wiggled her eyebrows. "I make no promises." Jongin and I both laughed at that before he stood up from her bed and leaned down and kissed her.