Infection

"I'm sorry, darlin', I just have somethin' I need to do." I heard the man who I spent the night with whispering. I felt him move me from on-top of him, but I refused to open my eyes. Instead of giving him a real response, I let out a 'mhm'. It wasn't soon after when I heard the door open and close.

A few more hours had passed when I was finally beginning to wake up. All of this craziness with the rivalry had left me completely exhausted.

I groaned and forced myself to get up, remembering how Negan had left me as the sun rose above the horizon. I thought about what I could do today, but nothing came to mind.- After-all, there was no escaping The Sanctuary. I decided to get myself ready and presentable in the bathroom.

I patted my dirty clothes down when Gabriel popped into my mind. I hadn't seen him since the situation out in the courtyard. As far as I knew, he was down in the medical bay being taken care of by Eugene. What better time than any to go pay them both a visit.

I made my way down the stairs, l could no longer hear too many groans of the dead. Eugene had made a plan to clear out the walkers so we weren't trapped. Negan had left with most of the others, they are probably just scavenging. I stepped down the last step and took some time for myself. I hadn't thought about my family in awhile, I barely see them. I don't know what's happening to any of them and that is truly killing me. What if someone died? Or got bit? Or if Alexandria is currently being overrun by people or walkers? These are the questions I want answers to. I may be able to get Negan to take me to see them.

Finally, I entered the dark room. A beam of light was flashing onto Gabriel and I saw another man slouched on a chair.

"Will one of you please tell me what the hell is goin' on?" a hushed voice said.

"Gabriel believes he's on a mission from God to return you to Hilltop to tend to the birthing of Maggie and Glenn's child." Eugene responded

"Hang on, he can't go anywhere! Not with the state he's in." I declared.

"Listen, the guard's coffee was compromised and that's all I'm here to tell you." Eugene explained. After a little more talking he began to walk to the door.

"Why?" Gabriel asked.

"Just... plan on sleepin' t'night." Eugene said.

"Just come with us, they'll take ya back." Gabe suggested.

Eugene dropped keys onto the cold concrete floor, "Oops. I seem to have dropped the keys to a vehicle located just outside the aforementioned outside gate."

"You're doing the right thing." Gabriel nodded.

Eugene turned to the door and turned his head light off.

"What about me? Do I stay or go?" I asked.

"It'd be better if you came with us- more protection. But what about Negan? Isn't he expecting you?" Gabriel answered.

"Well, yes, but I've been wanting to see everyone back at home." I vocalised.

"Fine." Gabriel announced, "get ready."

God knows how long we had been driving for when we finally stopped. Although it was slightly inconvenient as we had no idea where we were. Gabriel was struggling to see the map, even though I offered to take over he insisted he was fine; along with everything else. A walker was growing closer to us. Carson tried to start the car several times but it wouldn't start. We have to get out to look at the engine, but first we must kill the walker.

"I've got it." I insisted, picking up the crowbar next to me. I slightly opened the car door, the crowbar ready for action. The walker crawled closer to me before I forced my weapon into its skull. We exited the car, I went to check the engine while Carson performed a quick vision test. "I'm sorry but we're gonna need another car if we plan on getting anywhere. Is his sight any better?" I asked.

"I stashed some antibiotics at Hilltop." Carson explained.

"Okay then, we can find a new car and-" Gabriel was cut short by a clanking noise in the distance, "sounds like a bell."

"Should we follow it? It will obviously be nearby." I asked.

"There." Gabriel pointed. At that, we began to make our way towards the distant clanging noise.