I'm sorry

*Bang*
*Bang*
*Bang*
I woke up to the sound of metal banging on my cell wall. I glanced around the dark, concrete room I have to call home. Light flooded my vision, as I heard the clanging of the metal door keeping me from my freedom.

"Good morning, y/n! I hope you slept well cause you got quite the day ahead of you!" the man, who i assumed was Negan, exclaimed, "move your hands away from your gorgeous face." I was still shielding myself from the light beaming through the open door, however, i followed Negan's orders. I glared at his stubbly face, he returned my look with a bright grin.

"Is Gabriel okay?" I asked, hesitantly. Nervous from the answer I might get.

"He's fine. He's in great hands, Eugene is taking good care of him." Negan responded. I smiled at the thought of him actually being okay- Before Negan had cleared it up, I had a distinct feeling he was gone.

"Come on, I want to have a talk." Negan explained, as he gave me a hand standing up.

I followed him to his office. We were lucky it hadn't been taken over by walkers like most of the bottom floor. He walked over to his chair and sat down, I sat on the chair opposite him. He then reached into the mini-fridge in order to grab a drink. "Want one?" offered Negan. i shook my head. If the reason I'm here is so that Negan can question me, then i need to be sober.

"It was quite the day yesterday, wasn't it?" Negan continued, "lots of deaths and casualties, which could have been easily prevented if Rick the prick accepted the new world order. If the Widow understood why i killed that husband of hers. if the King wasn't manipulated and tricked into helping you win an impossible fight."

"It wasn't an impossible fight. We won. We destroyed the Sanctuary and everyone who died will forever be remembered." I insisted.

"Am i alive?" Questioned Negan.

"well, yeah?" I replied.

"Then you didn't win. If you won i would either be one of those bags of flesh searching for my next meal or i would be limp on a cold ass concrete floor. The truth is, all your people who died, died for nothing." countered Negan. I looked at him in disgust as I felt tears begin to build up in my e/c eyes. His menacing look changed to a look of worry. He got out of his chair and made his way over to me. I was so embarrassed, I looked so weak. Negan wrapped his arms around me as I choked back tears. I wrapped my arms around him and let myself sob. It wasn't just the fight making me cry, it was everything, Glenn, Abraham, Olivia and as if anything could make it worse, I slept with the guy who took and ruined so many lives.

"Why do you care a-about me?" I stuttered, "I destroyed everything here and at home. shouldn't you be making some sort of example to say don't fuck with us, using me?" Negan pulled away from me and held me by my shoulders. He gave me a sweet look with his rich and bold, hazel eyes.

"Y/n, I'm not going to use you for any examples because you don't deserve it. you deserve to be cared for, whether or not you did something wrong or you tried to take me and my people out I'm always going to be here for you. If you want to know why it's because I-." Negan was cut off by someone knocking on the door. He got up and opened the door- I could hear them whispering about something. He turned back towards me and began speaking, "We'll continue this conversation later, there's some clothes somewhere in here- they're your old ones I got them washed. Just stay here until I get back." I nod in appreciation before he grabs Lucille and leaves the room.

I searched around looking for the clothes he had saved for me. It took me about 15 minutes before i found them on a shelf in the bathroom. I took off my dirty clothes and put them on the shelf where the clean clothes were. I then got myself changed. There isn't much to do in his office. I ate the fruit out of the bowl on his desk. In his fridge, he had a bottle of water, which i took because I don't really feel like drinking alcohol. I collected a pillow from the arm chair and placed it on the corner of the sofa he had. I sat down before settling down for a nap.