Chapter XXXV | Dress Issues

One day and both Elizabeth and Amethyst were out of the house and such, the both of them were in Nashville on some rather important business for the ranch. While they were walking, they were talking about something regarding their land. That was until they heard footsteps like they were being followed, the two had continued to walk. However the two were making their way to this dress store because she heard Amethyst talk about something.

They weren't being followed, they were just being paranoid because of the growing tensions between the two families, they had stopped outside the store. The two looked at the dress, Amethyst stated "It's something I'm interested in". Elizabeth nodded and she looked at the dress before she asked "You think it'll fit you?". Amethyst replied "Not really but I just don't think about wearing a dress either".

Elizabeth had grabbed her hand and she dragged her into the store now, and quite literally dragged because Amethyst did not want to go in there. Amethyst did not want to do this, however the both of them were greeted by one of the workers. The worker asked "So what brings you two in here?" Elizabeth replied "Dress shopping for the sister-in-law". And the worker had nodded and he said "Well it's always best to get the dress out of the way".

The Worker only asked "So when is this event? In a month from now, two months?" Elizabeth replied "We actually haven't started planning it". The worker nodded before he said "Well like I've always said it's best to get it out of the way". He grabbed a measuring tape, which he said "all I have to do is figure out the measuring now, just don't mind me". The male had began to measure Amethyst to get the ideal diagrams of her. 

The man had written the notes down, once he had finished gathering the information that he needed, he had gone and began his search for the first dress. Once he had found the first type, he had come back and he hooked it up for her to try on. Elizabeth had texted Blake to come by the store because she heard that he and Carrie were in town. She wanted them to also have a say in the dress as well, not only her own.

Carrie and Blake had shown up after a few minutes, the two were talking when they walked into the room only to see that Amethyst was trying on some dress. Carrie only said "Is this what you wanted us to come here for? Some dress review". Elizabeth said "Yeah, I mean after all your guy's opinion counts" Blake shrugged before he said "I like it". Carrie then said "Is this the first dress?" which Amethyst replied "Yeah it is".

The worker came into the room with the second dress and he said "here we are, dress two and I am sorry that it took awhile". He set the second dress on the rack now, which Amethyst took the dress into the changing room and such. Amethyst only said "Elizabeth can you help me" which Elizabeth got up to help her now. Elizabeth walked out to sit down and in a bit, Amethyst came out in the second dress which Carrie only said "Sort of fits you".

Elizabeth nodded and she said "We're in a direction and such" which Amethyst frowned a bit and she thought that she was never gonna find her ideal dress. While the worker was going through some stuff, he just thought of the display dress. The worker went into the far back of the place and he went through the dresses to find the exact dress. Once he had found the dress, he went back to the room to place it on the rack. 

Amethyst had taken the dress to the room again to put on, except this time when she came out that was when Carrie said "Perfect". Elizabeth said "This one will do" and Blake had only said "I am sure Rome would love it when the time comes". It now seemed like they had found the dress that would be perfect for their event. The issue is, the cost of the dress and that was the one that Amethyst was concerned about,

The Worker came in and he said "So you guys made up the decision" which Amethyst said "I'll take the third one" which the worker nodded. Only then, the worker said "Well the dress itself is around four thousand five hundred dollars". When Amethyst looked at Elizabeth, she didn't have almost five grand to pay for the dress. However Blake said "I'll pay for it, I mean you're marrying my brother so I'll be willing to pitch in for the dress".

Blake got up, besides if it meant making everything come together then he wouldn't mind pitching some money into their funding. Besides, they needed to get the dress of the worries because once the war breaks out between the two families. They won't get another chance to get the dress out of the way and besides they can do Romeo later. Their main focus and attention was getting Amethyst's dress out of the way.

Carrie got up now since she was going to walk out with her father, besides Elizabeth and Carrie weren't concerned about their attire just yet. They could work on their own dresses after the Andersons were wiped off their radar, hell Carrie was doubting it really. Amethyst had gone and changed back into her normal attire which she had held the dress. Elizabeth only said "I can keep a hold of the dress in my closet, so that Rome doesn't find it". 

Amethyst nodded, it seemed like with that dress out of the way, she wouldn't have to worry about it now and a worker had grabbed a box for her. They somehow made the entire dress fit inside that medium-sized box, which was a great mystery. It was not a concern for them because they were focused about their next step for their future. Blake had finished paying for the dress for her but he only stopped and he looked at them.

Blake only said "All I have to say is when the day comes, you best not make me regret buying the dress" he told Amethyst. Since he didn't want to buy the dress for the whole thing to not happen and for things to fall-apart. He said "I want you to stay by my brother's side, I don't care what happens, the fights and such". Blake was only watching out for his brother, but he was also looking out for her as well, he saw the two.

Elizabeth had looked at the both of them before she looked outside the window and Hunter and his brothers got out with some submachine guns. Elizabeth said "Get down" which she pushed Amethyst down, and Hunter and his two brothers shot at them. Which Amethyst was on the ground, once the gunshots had ended. They heard the three leave now, as Amethyst seemed to be shaking a bit from this near-death experience.

Elizabeth only said "are y'all alright" which she just looked around, which made it seemed like the people were terrified that this happened. Only shortly after, the state police showed up and some of the agents came onto the scene. When they saw the Underwoods did they know the motive of the attack, the agents then went over to them. Blake was sheltering his daughter now because this was something hard for her.

Blake only said to Elizabeth "This is fucking war now, they tried to kill my daughter. I'll take it to their own ranch if I have to" which it seemed like he was angry. Honestly, nobody could blame him either because they almost killed his daughter. Elizabeth only said "Blake we can't exactly just go after them because we're trying to set them up as a allurement". The agent said "Nah, they tried to take your family's life. It means war now".

 Seemed like this attack was the flame that lit the fuse for the upcoming series of attacks that will forever change Oak Heart as a whole.