Chapter XXII | Nashville Blaze

The following day and the family were getting ready for their trip to Nashville, Rome and Amethyst were going together in his truck. While Elizabeth was going with Blake and Carrie, and well their parents were driving in their own vehicle. They considered Amethyst a part of the family now even if it wasn't official. It was four months since her first arrival and a lot had changed in the course of the four months with her around.

The Ranch actually seemed to get better with her presence, surprising Romeo's parents and they were glad that she was there. However tonight would be an event that could ultimately decide the future for both Romeo and Amethyst. And now the family had departed from the ranch because they had a long drive ahead of them. And they wanted to get there prior to the event since it would be better to be early then to be on-time.

Carrie was looking out the window, as it seemed like summer was already halfway through even though it wasn't like that, she was nearing her seventeenth birthday. She wasn't truly looking forward to the birthday at all. Since seeing all that her parents had to do and such, she thought being an adult was going to suck. However, seeing Romeo and Amethyst also changed her mind on that as well.

Elizabeth asked "You looking forward to your birthday Carrie" Carrie replied "Not really" only then her father said "What do you mean not really?". Carrie stated "Because like it's all the same to me, there really isn't a difference to it". Elizabeth replied "I wouldn't necessarily say that because both Romeo and Amethyst are planning it". Carrie stated "Sure because they know what I like and such" Elizabeth said "Rome is using his new barn for it".

Blake said "Hell that'd give us a new place to celebrate things" and he added "At least he's letting us use it for her birthday" Elizabeth had nodded in agreement. Now with Romeo, he was listening to Amethyst talk about their plan for Carrie's Birthday. Amethyst was going off on her ideas and such, which some of them were hard to do. Not due to finance but because of where they were located and such.

However Romeo was just letting her talk about it, though he should put his own opinions in but he decided what is going to hurt if he just listened. However during the drive and such, Rome had kept his radio nearby only due to an event like this. Anything could happen at any minute, and he had to be ready, however he wasn't going to be ready for tonight. Since it all happened unexpectedly and it actually threw a lot of them off.

Almost a three hour drive later and they had arrived in Nashville, and well it certainly was busy however it was average prior to the event. They had gone and parked near each other, made things quite convenient and such instead of splitting up. A bonus about being early then being on-time you can get the best parking. The group were walking together while Romeo and Amethyst were talking about some of their own personal stuff.

Meanwhile Carrie just stayed back a bit, and just walked at her own pace however she made it where she would still catch up to them despite her pace. She just wanted the time to be alone as it would probably be for the best as well. Meanwhile at the station, Daryl was sitting with the crew and they were talking which was when the page went off. They had called for a Ladder and a Engine to respond to an old industrial complex.

Yet the Battalion Chief decided to respond as well, since it's not often you get one engine and an ladder to respond to a one alarm fire. As the family were walking, The Chief had honked as he saw Romeo and Rome said "Seems like they got a call of their own". The family had gone to the event that was going on and there were other districts there. This is where it went to get weird real quick.

Thirty Minutes into the event, the folks from Station 32 had their pagers going off involving a second alarm fire which wasn't much of a concern. An hour and thirty minutes in, Station 48 was called in for a three alarm fire which was when things surely got questionable. Why are all of these guys leaving suddenly, and the event went on. However two hours in, Romeo's own pager went off while he grabbed his radio.