Chapter VI | Samantha's Confrontation

The next morning and well today was going to be a totally different experience for Amethyst, although she was the only one home so that made it easier for her to leave now. Her brother was off at the station doing work, so today Amethyst decided it was best that she explored the town a bit more to learn or meet some new people. When she had headed out, she was still wearing that dress that Elizabeth gave her, during her walk into the town. Romeo and Elizabeth were walking together and it seemed like the two were heading into a building.

Amethyst decided to follow the two, not even looking to see where they had walked into and she had entered the building she had realized that the two had entered a church which Amethyst had gone dead quiet now. Elizabeth had noticed that Amethyst had followed them which Elizabeth said "Oh fuck" and Romeo had looked "Shit". And it wasn't the fact that they didn't want to see her, it's because any minute now Samantha's family was going to arrive. The two had gone over to Amethyst now which Romeo only said "Amethyst what are you doing here".

Amethyst only asked "Why are you two at a Cathedral, I didn't know you two were catholic" which Elizabeth replied "we're not, this town is strongly protestant. It's just that this church was built by Samantha's family". Romeo added "it's the only church we go to because well, the other one is where Autumn's family goes to". Amethyst replied "So they built a cathedral for a whole different religion" which Romeo nodded before he looked outside and saw Samantha and her family. Romeo only said "Fuck... Amethyst just follow us and don't try to cause a scene".

The three had gone to their own area, around the same time Samantha and her family had walked into the cathedral and the six of them had gone to their own area and it seemed like nothing was going on. Samantha on the other hand had noticed that Amethyst was with Elizabeth and go-figure her ex. Samantha had figured that Amethyst and Romeo were dating now besides after that scene at the bar then it would make sense really. However Amethyst and Romeo were just friends, rather close friends but still friends however both of them knew that wouldn't last long.

Around this time the pastor came out of his office which he seemed to be in a rather good mood and all he said was "Ah yes, welcome fellow people and might a great Sunday this has to be". The guy then said "Now I want to announce some news before we commence our service, on the eighth of the month, our church will be holding a get-together". The Priest then said "Now that will be from two in the afternoon to four in the afternoon, If you can't attend then that is alright". The Priest then said "Now, the second announcement and as you know the Church has received criticism".

The Priest was going on and on about some stuff that they have received tension under few other churches because well, they were the only community to have a protestant church use an abandoned catholic cathedral. The Catholic Church left the town in eighteen seventy two and the church was bought by Samantha's Family to be restored. And now it stands in its new glory but under a whole new religion and different perspectives as well. The Priest then said "Now with that out of the way, I want y'all to go to Luke's Gospel, the eleventh chapter of Luke's Gospel, starting with Verse Twenty nine".

Amethyst just crossed her arms, which Romeo and Elizabeth never really brought their own bible instead they just listened because they didn't have the money to buy their own since they always put their money towards the ranch. Amethyst was focused on her own thing, what was keeping her distracted well, not only her attention. Amethyst, Romeo and Elizabeth had looked over and Samantha was trying to get their attention. Elizabeth just glared at Samantha as it seemed like the tension was high even in God's house, surely the Priest had gained attention.

The Priest only said "What's going on here" which the people looked around now only for Romeo said "Nothing Pastor, just Samantha is just trying to cause issues for our new guest". Romeo had tilted his head towards Amethyst now, which the Pastor then said "Well then, I do like to say that even our new guests should not be harassed". The Priest then said "I'm sorry for Samantha's actions" which Amethyst said "It's fine". Now with that out of the way, the session had continued even though this was Catholic in this church and trust me Amethyst had caused a lot of interruptions.