Chapter XVIII | Carries Confrontation.

Carrie was sitting on the porch, she had been working on some new songs of hers while she had been looking out into the fields. However her sight was interrupted when she saw that a truck that was as white as the snow had showed up onto the ranch. Carrie knew this wasn't anything of her family, nor was it of her rivaling family either. She was expecting something to happen, maybe a group of guys would come up and kidnap her and such.

However when the guy who stood her up got out of the truck, all Carrie said "Oh great.." and all she did was go inside and said "Elizabeth". Elizabeth, who was in her room and she had heard Carrie call her, all she said was "What". Carrie only replied "Can you come down, the guy who stood me up is here" Elizabeth replied "Yeah I can". Carrie had gone back outside and she sat down and went back to playing.

Elizabeth got up, she grabbed her Colt M1911 and she placed it into her holster now, which she wasn't taking any chances with this guy. Meanwhile downstairs, Carrie was finishing up another song of hers and she looked up as the guy had walked up. Carrie only said "What do you want?" She said "You have already done enough, why return?". James only said "I just wanted to talk to you Carrie" however Elizabeth walked out.

Elizabeth said "So you're the asshead, who decided to stand my niece up" as she had looked at the white truck as she asked "Is that yours". James replied "Well it's my father's but he's letting me use it" and Elizabeth nodded before she asked "Question". Elizabeth asked "So if something happens to the truck then who pays for it". James replied "Well usually my father holds me reliable if im using it why".

Elizabeth only said "Just curious" as she walked past him, she held a baseball bat behind her body, but she changed positions so that he didn't see it. Elizabeth replied "Well it would be a real shame if something had happened to it". She walked around the truck to see an idea on what she was working with ideally. James said "Is that normal" which Carrie nodded before she said "Why are you here, you already done enough".

James said "I just wanted to say" they were interrupted when Elizabeth had taken the bat to the headlights, James said "What the hell". James added "That's like seventy five dollars out of my own like... allowance and such". Elizabeth stated "Oh it's only starting, you think it was smart to stand my niece up for some city whore". Elizabeth walked to the back, she took out the back lights as well and she said "How does that feel". 

Carrie had only chuckled at this, which she couldn't believe on how this guy could react over some stupid vehicle then what he had done to her. However, with this and it showed the true intentions of this guy and such, and Elizabeth was taking the bat to the truck. Elizabeth had taken her own knife out and James was speechless now. Elizabeth said "You know, I wonder how your mother will react if I just" she carved her own name in the seats.

Once she was done, James had been left completely speechless and he did not know how to acknowledge this situation. Elizabeth had walked back up and she said "The next time, and I swear to god myself. If you ever stand her up again". James said "Stay away from me" and he gone to the truck and he said "You're family is fucking crazy". Elizabeth only laughed and she said "Crazy is the least thing you'll remember about us".

When the guy left, Carrie had set her guitar down and she went into the house and she went to her room now, she didn't want to talk to them. Elizabeth had gone to check up on her, but the door was locked as always Elizabeth only sighed. Elizabeth just said through the door "Carrie, just so you know, he wasn't right for you". She added "But hey I saved some of the troubles for the next gal who goes for him".

Elizabeth stated "At least Carrie, Romeo wasn't here to deal with that asshole, because then there would be no truck in the end". Which it was truthful, since Romeo would have probably done far worse to the vehicle then what Elizabeth had done. Better yet then what Blake and Romeo would have achieved if it was the both of them instead. James better have been glad it was only Elizabeth home and not her brothers instead.

In the present, all Romeo said to Carrie "Yeah Elizabeth is right, me and your father would've used that truck as target practice. We wouldn't let him forget his mistake". By this time Blake had arrived at the ranch and he walked up to them as he said "Evening". Since it was around fiveish now since it was a two hour drive and such. Rome replied to his brother "That asshole showed up, the one who ditched your daughter".

Blake said "He did what, I wasn't here to deal with that little asshole" Romeo replied "Nah it's fine, Elizabeth had dealt with him". Blake said "Yea, she's been the type who won't take shit from guys like that really". Carrie said "He said that our family was crazy" Blake replied "Nah his family's crazy if he finds attraction to city folk". Blake was only trying to boost his daughter's morale since that guy did a slashing to her.

Carrie said "Dad I know what you're trying to do and trust me, it's not going to work" which she added "Besides its given I ain't really a wanted person". Rome replied "Carrie don't think like that, you are a beautiful person and I guarantee that this summer". Carrie sighed and she could not believe that her family was trying to help her with this. She said "Okay I get it you're trying to help but please don't act like this again".

Blake chuckled a bit as he said "Anyways I gotta go in and talk to the old man" which Rome nodded but Blake said "Rome I need to talk to you as well". Rome looked confused but he followed Rome now and they went into their father's office. Elizabeth was talking with their father, to which Blake said "We got an issue" to which Elizabeth replied "What now". Blake stated "I was at the store getting some groceries, guess who I saw".

Elizabeth asked "Who" Blake replied "Katrina" only Rome said "Why the hell is your Ex-wife doing here in the town" which Blake said "I'd like to know as well". Blake added "After Carrie went to that song night it looks like she's been getting known". Elizabeth only said "Someone must've talked but the question is who would've". Romeo and Blake were puzzled about this, however Blake said "We'll figure it out, however we can't let our guard down".

Elizabeth nodded and she said "If she's here then she's looking for trouble, and you won the court case you have full custody over Carrie". Blake nodded "However if she got some judge to like her, then we are in trouble because she's an abusive drug addict". Rome said "I won't let her take Carrie, she'll have to get the Sheriff involved". Elizabeth replied "Not if she gets the state troopers in" Blake replied "No Rome's right".

Blake added "Custody transfers are usually done by the Sheriff, however she'll have to go through the court process in this state". Romeo said "Which she couldn't because the state is aware of her history" Blake nodded "Exactly". However Elizabeth said "I'll keep Carrie home until we figure out what she's doing and why she's here". Blake nodded, Rome had gone to leave now to go outside to the others.

It had seemed like that day, had just been a hassle from the beginning and from a failed date that sort of was awkward to the reappearance of Blake's Ex-wife. Tomorrow would only bring a visitor that would cause even more stress towards the family.