Chapter XV | Carrie's Rise

The following day, and it was a slow day and rather tedious then what their average day would go by with and for most of them they had found their own ways of keeping entertained. However, for some other folks like Carrie, she was in her room practicing a bit besides it wouldn't hurt to practice singing or playing guitar well. She was working on some song she had been working on for the past few weeks about a month now with no actual progression. This Saturday or so, one of the bars was holding an event, she had thought that she would go and play some of her music.

Romeo and Amethyst were sitting on one of the rocking couches, as the two held each other's hand although they were discussing some scenarios that could pose some stress for the both of them. One of the greatest concerns out of all of them was that stalker of an ex that she had, however they were safe since he didn't know where she moved to. That was a good thing at least, and plus all that was concerned is that they had the ranch secured. Plus most of the family wouldn't mind giving that guy a reason to not come around her anymore. 

Elizabeth had been running errands for the family in the town and such, they were getting the farm ready because summer was about to hit and when that happens, Nashville is gonna be packed. It had been a few years since they ever attended the Rodeo since the incident and this year they had decided they would attend it one more time. Maybe this year will be different from the rest of the years, however time will only tell how that will go. Yet for many people within the family, they were busy with their own independent tasks and that was usually a good thing.

However lately the security had been tensed up a bit because of the past few days and how everything had been tensed due to the issues with their rivaling family and them shooting at their ranch. They're trying to provoke a war with the Underwoods, it would be one of the most horrible decisions that they'll ever think of doing. But, they all found something of their own to stay positive about and sometimes that is for the best of things. Despite all of this for Carrie, all that matters is now she had to sneak out of the house at least for tonight.

Carrie had gone out the backdoor instead of the front since that was where Amethyst and Rome were sitting and well, she didn't want to really explain to them where she was going yet. Maybe it was just for the best really, besides what is the worst that can happen to her really, nothing that she thought so far. It would've been a long walk however she got a ride from one of the neighbor's of theirs at the ranch so that was at least a nice thing. She carried her guitar into the bar that they were doing the event at, when some of the locals saw her, they were talking about it.

When some of the locals saw her, they were talking about it, they were asking the same question which was why is a sixteen year old in a bar? However there was an event going on for some new musicians to get their own name out there. Because there were some folks from Nashville supposed to arrive there tonight. About giving some new musicians that they like some contracts and for Carrie, she was hoping that she'd get noticed.

She had been perfecting this song for the past few days to perform it live and hopefully this'd be her ticket out there. Speaking of the folks from Nashville, fifteen minutes after she had walked in, the folks from the city had arrived. Roughly around five people, however they still had their own impact in the industry as a whole. An hour or two had gone by and such, to which the person said "Alright now for the next musician".

When the male had seen the name, he looked around the room briefly and he said "The next musician we have is a local round here". He only said "Carrie Underwood" when he walked off the stage when Carrie got up with her guitar and she went up now. Carrie had begun to play her guitar now, the Folks from Nashville were talking now. They knew who she was due to her father's reputation as a Lawyer so they thought it was interesting.

However Carrie had finally begun to sing and all she said was "Dry lightning cracks across the skies, those storm clouds gather in her eyes". And she had continued with her song which the folks liked, they saw that she had quite the potential really. At the end of the song, well lets just say they loved her, she had walked off the stage now. It had seemed like, despite that her music was good, she felt like it wasn't that good enough for them.

Yet one of them got up from the table as he said "I don't know what you guys are doin but I'm taking my risk with her" the others said "Your downfall". However the guy said "Nah I see real talent, you guys see money in your pockets". The guy went over to Carrie now to which he said "Well, I must say I loved your music" he sat down. He then said "The names, Samuel, but I am interested in making you the next big country singer".

Carrie only said "What's the catch" Samuel said "There ain't no catch at all, you have talent and there's no shame in that" he placed his business card on the table. Samuel had added "Just stop by the office and request to see me". And when he got up, he walked back to his group, where she had taken the card and placed it in her pocket. Of course, once that was over and such, she had grabbed her stuff to leave.

However Romeo and Amethyst had walked into the door, not knowing there was some music competition going on and such that the bar went quiet. When Samuel said "Well ain't it be seen, the undefeated champion shows up". Romeo seemed to be the prize of the moment really since of his reputation that he had but he ignored any comments. The two sat down at a table only to see that they were sitting at the one that Carrie was at.

Romeo only asked "Carrie, does your father know you're out this late?" Carrie replied "No, he doesn't even know that I left" Romeo chuckled now. Rome said "Good, then you have lied to a lawyer successfully, so why are you here now". Carrie replied "First, I sneaked out and second, I was here about the music event and such". Rome nodded as he kicked back now, before he said "I ain't looking forward to this summer".

Amethyst said "Why is that" to which Romeo replied "We're going to the Rodeo, we haven't been there since the incident and now we're making our return again". It seemed like they avoided the interaction due to what happened to Romeo. Carrie said "It's stupid that we have to go there" She knew about the incident due to many reasons. One of them is that she was able to get Rome to talk about it.

Romeo only replied "Yeah I know it's stupid, I don't want to return but I told Elizabeth that I'd do it for her at least" he was promising her that'd he move on. However he wasn't going to move on from that night, he couldn't move on from that night. Not until he took back what was rightfully his, he was going there and he was going to beat that challenge. It was simple as that really and he didn't care what the stakes were even if it meant his life.

Rome said "I'll give you a ride home Carrie after all it's late" while the two were waiting for their drinks to arrive really, he had been quiet the entire time. Amethyst asked "Something wrong?" which Carrie said "Don't, he's reliving that night. It happens a lot". Rome only said "Sorry about that, I was thinking about my future and such". Carrie said "Neverminded then false alarm" and Amethyst said "Well welcome back Rome".

Rome nodded, and once their drinks arrived the two had drunken theirs, which they were mainly talking about some stuff and such back home and all that. However, when the two had finally decided it was late or so it was roughly rough four-five in the morning now. So, by the time they got back, all Carrie did was go to the room and crashed. Rome and Amethyst couldn't even get far, so they ended up crashing on the swinging couch.