14. Backstabber

The next day at school I was beaming, very happy to have a great boyfriend. What had happened with James was so magical. It was if that was sealing our relationship all together. Tyler and I had never done that.

I skipped into the gym and saw Sam sitting alone.

I scooted next to her and asked, “Hey! Where’s Liz?”

She did not reply, and looked as if she was hiding something,“Oh, she’s coming.”

“Great! I have amazing news to tell you guys!”

“I’m sure Liz does too,” Sam mumbled under her breath.

“What do you—,“ I stopped when I saw what she had probably meant. Walking into the gym was Liz holding hands with someone I knew. My ex-boyfriend as of two days ago. What was she thinking?She could not go out with him. It is totally violating some kind of girl code right? She stepped up the bleachers giggling with him. I stared in disgusted amazement. They stood right next to me, and she pecked his cheek. My jaw dropped miles. Then Liz turned and sat by me.

“Morning!” She greeted cheerfully.I shook my head not beliveing this,“Ok Rachel,” she began, “I know this looks bad, but this isn’t breaking code, because technically, you took my advice to break up with him. Which means I can have him. . .technically.”

“Yes but you could have given me fake advice, so that you could have Tyler for yourself!” I exclaimed utterly pissed off.

“I could have. But I didn’t. You guys were falling apart anyways. I just helped tear down the walls,” She said and smiled.

I stared at her amazed that she would do this. I thought we were friends.

Then I stood up and sternly told her, “You whore,”

I quickly stomped out of the gym and into the bathroom.Liz was one of my best friends. Then she had gone behind my back, and hooked up with my ex! What was that? I wanted to hide. Then I heard the three dings of the first bell and ran to class before anyone could see me.