3. A Midsummer's Nights Dream

Tyler and I were walking to fourthperiod now. We had just spent all of English reading A Midsummer’s Nights Dream. It felt oddly relevant to the current situation. All the main characters fall in love with someone they don’t belong with.

“That play is so boring” Tyler told me as we walked.

“Yeah,” I agreed blandly.

“I mean it’s not like any of that ever happens in real life! It’s crazy and made up,” He added.

“Yeah,” I agreed again nervously.

“Anyways, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies on Friday. We could see that new Harry Potter movie if you want? I mean I don’t really care for it that much, but I know you like the whole thing--”

I stopped him there, “Sure!” I exclaimed.

I was caught way off guard by his offer. Especially because I know he could not stand duelling wizards. It made me feel great that he was paying attention to me. I loved this and it reminded me of why I had fallen for Tyler in the beginning.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at 7!” He replied.

“Okay! Oh I got to go--life skills,” I said unfortunately stopping at the elective hallway.

“Alright, see you later,”

I strolled off into the hallway, almost skipping with happiness. This was an extreme day brightener. Not even the horrible class I had next could ruin it. The whole class period, I was distracted by the great news I had received. What was I going to wear on our date? How should I do my hair? Then the end of fourthperiod bell rang, and I dashed out of class.