chapter 30

hardin
the past month for tessa has been hard.she is heavily pregnant during this autumn time time and has been in alot of pain.its that bad she hasto stay in bed.emery is due any day now.which its feels like yesterday i found out by tessa telling me and then me flipping out.which i regret all the time.
i am currently on paternity leave from work so i can help tessa with anything.she really is a strong women.because if i was her i would not know how to do what she is doing.
"hardin"i hear her call from the room upstairs and i run up.just incase.
"yes baby"i say and she looks tired and pale
"i want to cuddle with you"she croaks and i get in the bed and spoon her and stroke her saw stomach.
"i just want her out already"she says softly.
"i do too.for your sake as i dont like seeing you like this and i want  to meet the little one"i say truthfully because seeing her like this makes me feel horrible.
i kiss her on the head and feel like hard kicks from emery on tessas stomach.
"im going to go get you some soup for your throat"i say and she sighs
"i think i might vomit if i eat"she says.
"i know thereasa but you gotta eat.just eat as much as you can"i say and she nods closing her eyes.

i look at her while she falls asleep.admiring her beautifullness because even when she looks like this she looks stunning.
i go downstairs and make her soup and i bring it up to her.she has her eyes closed so i nuge her a little and whispter in her ear that her soup is on her bedside for when she is awake enough.if it needs warming she can call me to warm it.and she nods her head slowly.

tessa
today has been a more painful day than any of the others the past week or so.its currently night and hardin is downstairs cleaning after dinner which wont take long.as im on ned rest we both had our dinner up here.i only ate some as i really am not feeling it.
i get up slowly and slowly try and make my way to the bath room.i have felt plenty of contractions and tightenings since 1 hour ago.but i haven't really thought anything of it as i have felt them a couple times this past week.

i look at myself in the mirror feeling ugly as hell with a pale face and sleepy eyes.
i slowly walk through the hall to my bedroom as the conractions get worser and worser.and then i feel a trickel of water run down my leg. my water has broke. i fall onto my knees and cry and yell hardin.
"tess"he says breathlessly"are you okay.what happend!?"i feel as if my air is trapped and i cant say a thing.
"my...my water.....broke"i breathe through the tears soaking my face.his jae drop and he begins to panic and i can see the nervousness on his face.i think he is confused shocked.everything but i cant seem to get a single word out to him.

i quickly picks me up and begins taking me down.
"hardin be carefull"i choke
"i am tess your not heavy"he says and he has a panic in his voice.he carefully jogs out to his car.as i scream in pain.
he opens his car and puts me in there,making to seat go backwards so i can lie down.the bag and carseat is already in here prepared.
he gets in the car snd speeds ouf of our driveway and to the hospital.i sob loudly and he holds my hand whilst we are in traffic.its like 10 at night why is there traffic.he honks loudly and shouts out the winow until the traffic clears.
"your going to get in trouble"i say squeezing his arm at the pain.
"tess that does not matter in this moment of time"he says.

we finally arrive and hardin quickly finds a parking space.he carrys me out of the car down to the hospital.as we walk in i see some wheelchairs.
"hardin put me in one of them"i intruct and he does. im so lucky to have him.
he tells the desk and they rush me into an emergency room.
the docter talks to me but i can barely pay attention.they give me these type of drugs to ease the pain which it does very slowly.hardin is sat beside me holding my hand.
"take your time okay?"he says.
"it really hurts hardin.this can last  for hours i dont think i can do it"i manage to say.
"your the strongest women i know tessa"he says and i give a small smile

hardin
a few years back i would of never guessed that i was in a hospital with the love of my life having a baby.shocking but amazing.
"im too tired"tessa says
"the docter says she is close"i say.its been an hour and a half and tessa has been dreading it.the docter gave her these drugs to help her but she seems to barely be using it even though she is in alot of pain.
obviously i have no clue what to do.all i can think of doing is holding her hand telling she will be okay and giving her drink of water.this is hard for her.really hard.she is sweating alot and her face is red.

around 11:57 pm after 2 hours baby emery scott was born.
"you did it baby"i say kissing her and then going to cut the cord.she hears em crying and tessa starts to cry even more than she already is.she hasn't seen her yet.they wipe her over with towls and wrap her in one.the put her on tessas chest. my girls are together at last.
"wow "tessa manages to say"she is beautiful.the pain was worth it"she chuckles then quickly passes her to me as the dicters need to check if everything is okay with her.
em is still crying and her eyes flicker open.her eyes are grey as they haven't developed there colour yet.her eyes stare into my soal and i show tessa ,she laughs

they take emery to checkup.they quickly rush her out of the room and we have no clue why.
"where are they taking her"tessa says then groans in pain after trying to sit up as she is saw.
"dont move tess im going to go and find out"i say quickly leaving the room so i can track them down which i do.they ebeter a room which is called the nicu and put emery in there on some machiences i think?and i obviously question them straight away what the fuck is wrong.
its jaundice some babys get if when born and hafto stay in that rhing for a few day.i have never heard of it before but maybe tessa has.so go back to the room and tessa looks as if she is about to nod off.

"do you know whaf jaundice is?"i ask and she nods softly
"it is common and usually harmless condition in newborn babies that causes the skin and the whites of the eyes to turn yellow.it normally goes in 2 weeks or less"she rambles
"so she will be okay"i say and she nods trying to turn around to me but wines in pain as she is saw
"ill go see her in the morning.if im not saw"she yawns closing her eyes