“You know that I do.”

Steve frowned. He should know better than to keep his hope up like this. He gave up on her telling him she love him for a very long time. It wouldn’t matter now but it did hurt. Natasha wouldn’t do this to him.

His train of thought was interrupted by the moving man. He instructed them with the temperature and humidity to preserve his artworks in the best condition. Of course he used the same mover every time so they knew the drilled.

“Mr. Rogers, it would be more expense on the moving because we have to get more men to protect the cargo since there will be like hundreds of your work in it.”

“Of course.” Steve nodded. “My agent will handle the rest of the expense.”
“Yes, sir.”

They finally emptied the art corner, leaving only his equipment. Sharon came in the room again to order him to go take a shower because they will do a romantic sightseeing today, just the two of them.

“If I tell you that there is nothing interesting about this city?”

“We’re still going, Steven!”

Steve sighed.

┅┅┅┅┅┅┅༻❁༺┅┅┅┅┅┅┅

Urgh! The pain is real. It was like the giant wasp stung into her heart. She thought that if she woke up again this morning, the pain from last night would be gone. Crying and drinking away with two bottles of vodka would help her forget Steve but it didn't. The pain only tripled when she realized she dreamed of him, opened her eyes only to see the cold emptiness next to her.

And the first thing she thought of was Steve. All she thought about was Steve.

This was so fuck up. She thought that she could have more time. More time to change his mind. More time to spend with him but now his fiancée had come to claim her man back and she couldn’t do anything to stop it.

Nat closed her eyes again because they were arching from excessive crying. Her hands hurts badly. Everything hurt really .

Nat groaned and tried to go back to sleep again. She couldn’t think about anything right now or if she tried, it would make her like to hurl. God! Head, stopped spinning. Nat groaned in her head and buried her face into the pillow.

“Nat, you have to get out of bed and get something to eat.” A voice came from the door and Nat recognized as Maria.

“Nah.” She replied.

“Damn it, Nat. You’re not helping me here.” The brunette scolded. “Clint and Bruce will be here.”

Nat made an incoherent noise muffled by pillow. “Why?”

“Bruce’s here to check your hand. Clint’s here to help in case something happen and I can handle on my own.”

Nat sat up and looked at Maria. “You mean when I’m going crazy and out of control.”

“Something like that.”

“You’re mean to me.” Nat whined and sunk herself back into the comfort of her bed. “Why are you always mean to me?”

“Because I’m your friend and I only telling you the truth to prevent you from getting hurt by all the beautiful lies someone else told you.”

Nat moaned as her head pounding hard like a hammer strike. Maria moved around the round to pick up all the mess her friend made. Clothes were tossing around the room and junk was everywhere. Maria found two bottles of vodka rolling under the bed.