》ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏꜰꜰᴇᴇ ɢᴇᴛꜱ ᴄᴏʟᴅ《

Start from the beginning

Saying this Yeonjun just shoved his hands to his pocket and went towards the mansion garden. One of his calming space. Yeonjun went there and saw a teenage girl who he recognized almost immediately sitting on the grass with a book in her hand.

With a light smile, he approached her and sat right beside her.

"What are you reading Berry?" The girl flinched by the sudden appearance of the male shooting a quick playful glare before replying-

"Oppa you should really declare your appearance seriously. I will one day die from heart attack if you continue to do so." Yeonjun just smiled bitterly before saying-

"Pray that the heart attack occurs to me, so that I can go from the earth soon-

"OPPA SHUT UP WILL YOU?" The girl said slamming her book in her hands glaring at Yeonjun who just gave a shrug with a nervous smile.

"Fine. Sorry. What were you reading anyways?"

Berry held up the book infront of the male who tilted his head seeing that the book was-

"A Japanese book?"

The girl nodded her head with a soft smile before focusing on her book cover continuing her talk.

"Yes, it's a novel called 'Before the coffee gets cold' by one of the best Japanese writer Toshikazu Kawaguchi. You should really give it a shot. It's amazing."

Yeonjun who actually found it interesting just made an 'Ahh' sound feeling quite amused.

"That seems quite good."

"Not seems, actually very good. You can borrow it from me if you want. The series has three books in total."

Berry suggested the older male in her calming tone.

"What is it about actually Berry?"

Berry was about to speak as she opened her mouth but immediately shutted down as she thought of something whereas Yeonjun only raised his eyebrows noticing her expressions visibly wondering what's actually going on.

"Before I tell you, You can read japanese right oppa?"

"Uh Yeah I can? What's with that?"

"Then read this single line and answer me honestly."

Saying this she shoved the light book to the older male's hands, as Yeonjun's eyes flickered to the letters pasted on the smooth off white cream colored paper.

'If you could go back, who would you want to meet?'

Yeonjun mumbled the sentence as he in took the meaning of it slowly.

"Go back means like go back in time or something?"

"On Spot. You are right. In the past."

This really perked the interest of him when generally he doesn't really get intrigued by this type of things.

"You didn't tell me your answer oppa. Answer me seriously."

"Answer?" Berry just face palmed herself before pointing at the sentence the male formerly just read. Yeonjun who again stared at the sentence only remained quite as he tried to brainstorm or really find out who would he want to meet.

"Uh, berry my mind is blank. I can't seem to think of any person who I would like to meet by traveling to the past."

"And to add with that according to the book, you will only have short time limit. And by that time you have to return back to the present. This is a one time chance. Now anyone?"

Hearing more and more restrictions and annoying rules, Yeonjun still shook his head.

"Not really berry. I can't think of anyone. Perhaps this time limit has something to do with coffee?"

"Bingo you are one smart oppa." Yeonjun wheezed at her amusement when actually it wasn't really a hard thing to guess. Kids and their innocence are the best really.

"So as you said, I told you there is a short time limit right. Basically you will be served a cup of coffee in a porcelain white cup and from the moment when the coffee is poured your time starts and lasts only until the coffee gets cold. You have to return with in this time."

Despite being a bit predictable novel, Yeonjun found himself getting interested in this thing. Hearing berry talk so fondly of this book explains how much of a good book it is actually judging by how picky she is when it comes to good books.

"That explains the title of the book. So you can go to the past to meet that person and can change the past right?"

"NO NO! Absolutely No. This is an important rule oppa. No matter what you do, you will not be able to change the past. You can only go and meet that person."

"Eh?? Then what's the point of going back anyways?" Berry laughed finding similarities in the characters of the book and Yeonjun now.

"Exactly... That explains how much desperate you can be that you will still agree to go back even if you are aware that nothing will change."

"I don't have anyone on mind seriously."

"Because you still didn't find that some one for who you will actually agree to back in the past. Simple."

Yeonjun chuckled at how much grown up Berry's talks now sounded. But she was definitely right he guesses.

"You have grown up berry. By the way, do you have someone in your mind?" Yeonjun asked the same question to her in return curious of what she will answer.

"My Father." Yeonjun now went quite knowing why Berry picked her father. Her father died before she was even born. So she didn't have the opportunity to meet her father.

"Wise choice berry." Yeonjun softly said while patting her head.

"I can assure you that sooner or later, you will find a person for whom you will even take this risk before the coffee gets cold. Time will answer you for that."

"Really?" Yeonjun asked.

"Really. Time is a fragile thing oppa. I am sure."

Yeonjun just breathed out feeling light after chatting with berry for a while that obviously helped him to calm his nerves down. Surely that novel's world appeared to be more interesting than the real one.

Before the Coffee gets cold huh?

If that's so, okay.

-