Chapter 20

Basil

I have plans for Layla's birthday next week. I'll be hosting a small party at our home with only family and I'm also having her parents and her best friend Mackenzie fly over and stay with us for the week. They'll be arriving a day before her birthday, it's going to be her suprise birthday gift. Of course it won't be her only gift, I have a few more presents for her. I got her a platinum pendant necklace made with marquise diamonds, the earrings and the tennis bracelet to match. I had them shipped straight from that jewelry place all women go crazy over. I think it starts with a T, the name doesn't cross my mind. Altogether the cost was over thirty grand but I didn't bat an eye. Nothing is too expensive for my wife, my love, I got her a laptop too. The other day she was talking to me about starting classes online after the babies were born and I fully support her decision, with the laptop she can use it to do her schoolwork or anything she wants.
Deciding to spend my day at home today, Andre, Niko and Apollo are watching over the clubs and any unusual activity that comes up at the warehouses. I'm in the kitchen making a snack for Layla, she requested onion ring chips with Nutella drizzled on top. I almost gave her a comical look when she asked me to make this strange snack for her but decided against it, I heard that women have the craziest cravings during pregnancy and I guess this is it. I'm glad she got over the melted marshmallows on potato chips with bacon bits sprinkled on top, that was the strangest craving and the longest one. She ate that for two weeks straight.

"Basil!, hurry up." She yelled out. I bring the bowl over to her and she makes grabby hands at it.

"Gimme, gimme." Utilizing her belly as a table she demolishes her craving.

"Ow." She winced grabbing her stomach.

"What's wrong?" I asked alarmed.

"I just had a sharp pain in my stomach." She sets the bowl down on the table, lifting her shirt You can see the twins move in her belly.

"Owww." She groans. I see a huge wet spot underneath her.

"Feggari mou, I think you peed on the couch again." I told her.

"No, no. It's too soon. I thought I was having Braxton hicks earlier today but turns out I'm wrong."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"It means I'm in labor, these babies are ready to come out." I immediately grab the hospital bag, her overnight bag and her jacket. I slide her shoes onto her feet and help her stand.

"Can you stand? Or do you want me to carry you?" Her brows furrowed as if in pain.

"I can stand." She meekly said.

No, I don't think she can. Quickly lifting her into my arms I settle her into the passenger seat. Placing the bags in the back I'm glad I prepared early and had the  car seats put in here a few weeks ago. Sending Dr.Papadakis a quick message that Layla's in labor I start driving to the hospital.

"I'm too early, 36 weeks is too early."

"Feggari mou, Dr.Papadakis said that with multiples you won't reach full term, she said with twins they're usually born between 32-38 weeks. There's nothing to worry about, everything will be ok." I assured her.

"Ok." She whispered, taking deep breaths.

Once we arrive at the hospital I see Dr.Papadakis and her team with a wheelchair. I help Layla out the car into the chair.

"Aghh! It hurts." Layla said.

"Go bring her to the delivery room and prepare her." She ordered the nurse.

"She told me that she's been feeling pains since this morning and that they're getting worse ever since her water broke."

"She might be delivering those babies sooner than later." She says.

Our Beautiful Beginning On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara