"I'm sorry." He told me, without looking at my face.

"What did you tell the police so they wouldn't ask questions?" I asked him.

"They didn't even come to talk to me." I could only assume that the motherfuckers who beat me bribed the police. I'm fucked.

I had so many questions to ask him, but my brain couldn't formulate them well, I don't know if because of the drugs I was on or because of the anger I felt.

"your friends are here." He said, before getting up and leaving.

He didn't look me in the eye once, fucking coward.

Fifteen minutes later, Tyler and Brian walk into the cold room. "Damn, they fucked you up." It's the first thing Tyler says.

"It's good to see you too." I told him sarcastically.

"I'm sorry... It's just... I didn't think it was that bad." he said apologetic.

"Yeah." Brian said. "I mean, your father did say that the robbers had beaten you, but… I didn't think it would be that bad.” He said looking at my wounds.

"Robbers?" I asked confused.

"Yes, the ones that tried to rob your house. Don't you remember?"

"No- I mean, it's probably the sedatives, I don't remember much" I told them to avoid questions about the "robbery".

In all honesty, I was tired but the incessant chatter they told me distracted me from the pain. The girls Tyler almost fucked and Brian's auditions really made me forget  for a second of the desolate fate that awaited me once I was out of this room.

"Anyway, I found out that you had a date with Milan that night, so she asked about you, I told her what happened and now she's here." brian said.

"What?" I said, i'm not sure if I heard right.

"Yeah, she's outside waiting." My heart sped up hearing that.

She was the last person I thought would visit me in a hospital, but to be fair, I didn't think my father would visit me either.

"why didn't she come in with you?" I asked them.

"because we wanted to see if you were okay before." Tyler replied, looking genuinely concerned for a second.

"Well now I'm fine, you can go and tell her to come in." I told him, partly trying to dispel such sudden sentimentality and partly because I wanted to see her.

"Damn, even in the hospital, pussy comes first huh?" Tyler scoffed, walking towards the door.

"Keep saying you don't like her." Brian taunted, walking out of the room.

"Goodbye!" I said, before the door closed.

My heart began to beat faster again when I remembered that seconds later she would be in my room. Why did she decide to visit me? Is it out of commitment or because she genuinely cared?

But my mind went completely blank the moment she walked into the room, wearing a little dress that barely reached her mid-thigh and her little afro gracing her adorable face.

When she looked at my face I could see that she was surprised. "Damn!" Was the first thing she said, Right after she covered her mouth. "Sorry, it's just…it seems painful." She spoke under her hand.

"Yeah, no shit." I immediately regretted the tone I used.

She gave me an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, It's just... Are you sure it was a robbery and not something more personal?" She told me with a small laugh.

I look at her in disbelief. "Are you seriously laughing?"

She laughs more. "I'm so sorry, I laugh when i'm nervous." She finally calmed down taking a slight breath. "I just don't know what to say to make you feel good." She said.

I felt my heart squeeze slightly at that, pity."Don't worry about making me feel good, part of my face is numb from the meds anyway." I said.

She started laughing again, this time louder. "That's why you look so strange when you talk." she said between laughs.

"Thanks." I grumbled, but couldn't help but smile at her laugh.

"I'll stop. Lord." She said putting her hand in her chest and sighting. "Anyways, I didn't come here to roast you."

"Yeah, I know you care about me." I smirked.

She smiled. "Thats a strech."

"Well, you came all the way here to check on me. I think you do care about me." I whispered. I didn't realize how close her face was to mine; I wanted to kiss her but my lips were sore, so I only grave her a small peck that took her by surprise.

She smiled against my lips and prolonged the kiss, I couldn't deny her, the pain present on my lips became part of the sweet torture her lips put me through.

Maybe it was the drugs.