Chapter 48: Cold-blooded and Heartless

Huang Zhong nudged Ye Wu. Ye Wu thought it was an annoying mosquito and subconsciously slapped him.

The strength of a martial artist's slap was so great that it woke Ye Wu up.

He opened his eyes in a daze and saw his eldest nephew covering his face and looking at him with a sullen expression.

Ye Wu frowned and said unhappily, "Why are you acting so sneakily in the middle of the night? You scared me. Hurry up and sleep. You have to get up and change shifts later."

Huang Zhong lowered his hand. A clear palm print was on his face.

With the help of the flickering flames, Ye Wu could finally see clearly. His eyes widened and he said angrily, "Who hit you? I'll beat him up!"

Huang Zhong looked at him reproachfully, his face filled with pain and heat. It was better to get down to business first. "Uncle, I smell a lot of water."

Ye Wu rolled his eyes at him. "I also smell a lot of water. Look outside. It's still raining." He lay down speechlessly and urged, "Hurry up and sleep. Don't affect others' rest."

Huang Zhong smelled that smell and said anxiously, "Uncle, I suspect that the flood is coming. You know, my nose is different from ordinary people."

The word "flood" made Ye Wu roll over and sit up. "Really?" He naturally knew what was special about his nephew's nose.

Huang Zhong sniffed hard and his face turned ashen. "Uncle, quickly get everyone up. I'll talk to Master." The flash flood was far faster than he had imagined. If they did not evacuate quickly, the entire temple would be washed away.

Ye Wu believed in his nephew's words. Since Huang Zhong was certain, it must be true.

Moreover, it was better to be safe than sorry.

Ye Wu got up and said a few words to his wife before immediately looking for Qingfeng, who was on night duty.

When Huang Zhong arrived outside the carriage where Bai Wutong was resting, Lin Yue immediately looked at him. "What's the matter?"

Huang Zhong said anxiously, "Quickly report to Master that the mountain flood is coming. I can smell it! It will be here in an hour at most!"

He could tell with his nose. How awesome was his nose?

Lin Yue looked doubtful. "Really? There's not even a river nearby."

When Lin Yue asked the question, Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao, who were very alert, woke up. Hearing his words, Bai Wutong quickly lifted the curtain. "Quickly get everyone to bring their things and evacuate to the highlands." She knew that Huang Zhong's nose was very sensitive. The flood coming was definitely not a joke.

Since Bai Wutong had already spoken, Lin Yue naturally had no objections. He immediately whistled using the emergency whistle.

When the people heard the whistle, before Ye Wu could explain the situation to Qingfeng.

Everyone in the team woke up from their sleep and looked at Lin Yue in a daze.

Lin Yue explained the situation in a concise manner. Everyone immediately sobered up and hurriedly packed up.

At this moment, Bai Wutong also instructed, "Everyone, put on your float rings and tie the emergency food pack to your bodies."

Everyone immediately did as she said, including the three-year-old Little Peach. Madam Yang even repeatedly emphasized to her, "If you fall into the water, you must whistle, understand?"

Peach raised the whistle around her neck and smiled sweetly, oblivious to the horrors of the flood. "Peach knows! Peach will blow whistle hard!"

Madam Yang patted her little head and told her mother to carry her properly.