Chapter 8: Misfortune Jinx

The cold axe was placed on her neck and formed a small cut on her skin. She felt a sizzling pain as if her head would fall to the ground in the next second. Li Miaoyu's face turned pale.

Her legs trembled as she stuttered in panic. "Murderer. You have to pay for murder. My brother is right behind. He won't let you go."

Bai Wutong glanced at her casually. "Oh, just in time to kill a pair." As if killing someone was as easy as eating.

She exerted a little force on her hand, and Li Miaoyu's wound deepened. The subtle smell of blood suddenly magnified dozens of times.

Bai Wutong was really daring!

Li Miaoyu was finally afraid. Her legs went limp and she staggered to the ground. She crawled up and shouted as she ran, "Don't kill me, don't kill me..."

Bai Wutong watched her piss herself and dive into the bushes. With a snort of laughter, she hung the axe back on her hip and sat on the ground, stirring the porridge in the small pot.

Chu Tianbao squatted down like her and looked eagerly at the small pot.

Bai Wutong gave him a sidelong glance and raised the spoon. Chu Tianbao's eyes lit up as he craned his neck and opened his mouth, waiting for Bai Wutong to feed him.

A smile flashed in Bai Wutong's eyes. She waved the spoon around in front of his mouth and put it back into the pot.

Chu Tianbao pouted like a poor dog who had not eaten.

Bai Wutong smiled. "Stupid. It's not cooked yet." Then she skillfully took a mint from her pocket and threw it into his mouth.

He was following her and helping others count money after being sold.

Bai Wutong had planned to have some porridge, pickles, and roast pheasant here when Li Miaoyu suddenly appeared and interrupted her plan.

When the rice porridge was ready, she spooned it into a water bag she could always drink from and handed it to Chu Tianbao. "Eat as we go."

As Chu Tianbao took it, a group of men, women, and children rushed over.

Li Dali's gaze landed on the pheasant, his face filled with greed. Relying on their advantage in numbers, he pointed at them aggressively. "If you know what's good for you, hand over everything. Otherwise..."

Li Miaoyu pointed at Bai Wutong Tree and said excitedly, "Brother, look at their bulging bags. They were cooking white rice here just now! Other than food, there must be silver!"

As long as they had money and food, Li Dali would not sell her.

Upon hearing the words "white rice, food, and silver", these hungry people felt as if they had been injected with spiritual energy. Their faces were flushed with greed.

The child in the woman's arms clapped happily when he saw the pheasant on the ground. "Father, I want chicken. I want chicken now."

Li Dali raised his sickle and said confidently, "Be good. I'll give you chicken later."

Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao were alone, but they had two adult men and three women. If they dared to resist, no one would know even if they killed them in the wilderness.

Li Dali's killing intent rose. Chu Tianbao also raised his dagger. He looked at Bai Wutong and asked innocently, "Wife, can I kill them?" It was as if killing all of them was as simple as killing chickens.

Li Dali's heart skipped a beat and he looked at Chu Tianbao warily.

He had never killed anyone before, but against the strong Chu Tianbao, he was actually still weak. Otherwise, he would have directly gone up to snatch from them instead of letting Li Miaoyu use some honey trap.