Chapter 54: Uncouth Words

"Cousin! Cousin, where are you?!"

A young man in a white and blue satin robe with red lips and white teeth kept shouting with a torch.

Cui Lingyi heard his cousin's voice and suddenly woke up from her dream. She sat up at the same time as Granny Wang and saw the flames floating in the darkness approaching them.

Meanwhile, Bai Wutong and the others raised their cold weapons.

Cui Muzhi had good eyesight and saw Cui Lingyi and Granny Wang from dozens of meters away.

He jumped up excitedly and shouted, "Cousin, I finally found you."

When the tall man beside him saw the person holding a weapon in the darkness, he immediately grabbed his arm.

Cui Muzhi turned in confusion. "Blue Woodhead, why are you holding me back?"

Lan Jingbai said in a low voice, "It's dangerous."

The killing intent on Qingfeng was even stronger than any vicious bandits they had seen on the way. She was definitely not an ordinary person.

Cui Muzhi's eyes widened. "So what do we do?"

Lan Jingbai said, "Let's see how Miss responds."

Cui Muzhi nodded and immediately shouted, "Cousin, how are you? Say something?"

Lan Jingbai was speechless.

When Cui Lingyi heard her cousin's shout, she immediately stood up and said to Bai Wutong, "Madam Bai, my brother has brought people to look for me. He has no ill intentions towards you."

Bai Wutong nodded, and everyone put down their weapons.

Cui Lingyi heaved a sigh of relief and thanked Bai Wutong with Granny Wang. "Thank you, Madam Bai."

As soon as she finished speaking, Cui Muzhi saw Qingfeng and the others put down their weapons. He rushed over like a whirlwind and looked at Cui Lingyi, asking in surprise, "Cousin, are you alright? You almost scared me to death today!"

Cui Lingyi hit him on the head. "Something almost happened. Why are you so slow?" Then she introduced him. "They saved me and Granny."

Cui Muzhi rubbed his head and apologized carefully, "After we dealt with the bandits, we came to look for cousin immediately. My good cousin, don't be angry."

Cui Lingyi smirked and snorted. "How rude."

Cui Muzhi immediately restrained his lively smile and cupped his hands respectfully at Bai Wutong. "Thank you, benefactors, for saving my cousin. Cui Muzhi is extremely grateful. If you need the help of our Cui family in Qinghe, we will definitely do our best."

He did not know Qingfeng. Bai Wutong raised her eyebrows in surprise and said politely, "Young Master, there's no need to be so polite. You should protect your sister well."

It was such a big group of people, yet they had lost two women.

Cui Muzhi replied in a tone that was different from his look, "Thank you for your warning, Madam. Cui Muzhi will definitely remember it."

The young master was quite cute when he pretended to be mature. Bai Wutong could not help but take a few more glances.

Chu Tianbao was instantly unhappy. What was so good about a brat? He didn't even have a beard that his wife liked.

Chu Tianbao tugged at Bai Wutong's hand and said gloomily, "Wife, my stomach hurts."

Chu Tianbao suddenly spoke, and everyone turned to look at him.