Chapter 14: Lin Yue's Scheme

Chu Tianbao was tall and strong, dressed terrifyingly. He stood in front of Bai Wutong and held a dagger in his hand, but there was no fear on this man's face.

Bai Wutong's gaze landed on the screaming child in his arms. She already had a premonition.

"Give me your food!" Qingfeng ordered.

Sure enough, another food snatcher.

Neither Bai Wutong nor Chu Tianbao reacted.

Qingfeng watched them expressionlessly as he fumbled in his robes.

Soon, he took out a huge dragon-patterned golden token and placed it in front of them.

This was obviously not for them, because two words were engraved on the gold plate.

Imperial edict!

Bai Wutong raised his eyebrows and sized him up carefully.

He was actually someone close to the emperor.

'But why would someone with the Emperor come here with a child?'

Bai Wutong was distracted for a moment. Qingfeng said coldly, "Those who disobey will be killed!" He aimed his sword at Chu Tianbao's chest.

"Wah wah wah wah—"

The child began to cry again, heartbreakingly.

Qingfeng did not coax him. Instead, he locked his eyes on Bai Wutong and Chu Tianbao coldly, as if he would kill them on the spot if they did not give up the food.

Chu Tianbao's eyes flashed with confusion. "Stinky?"

He looked back at Bai Wutong as if to ask if it was Stinky.

Bai Wutong did not see the confusion in his eyes. She poured out half of the porridge and half of the rabbit and placed it in front of Qingfeng.

She wasn't afraid of Qingfeng, but she pitied the child.

With only half of the food, Qingfeng could not be bothered to argue with them. He put away his sword and carried the child to a big tree to sit down.

Then he raised the big bowl and prepared to feed the wailing child.

Bai Wutong found this scene abnormally familiar.

It was as if she was back in the cottage when it rained.

However, the person holding the child had changed from Lin Yue to Qingfeng.

Bai Wutong shook her head in her heart and reminded him kindly, "You have to feed him with a spoon."

Qingfeng paused with the bowl in his hand and turned to look at her. Bai Wutong understood his expressionless face meant 'Bring me a spoon'.

Bai Wutong sighed and handed him a spoon.

Suddenly, he noticed that the child in the swaddling clothes seemed a little familiar.

When Qingfeng fed the child porridge, Bai Wutong took a few more careful looks.

He was afraid that he had seen wrongly. After all, children looked alike.

When she saw it, she was shocked. Even the tuft of hair on his head looked exactly the same. If it wasn't Stinky, it must be his twin!

Qingfeng fed the child a few mouthfuls. The child choked before he could swallow.

Stinky's face was red from holding it in. He coughed a few times but did not recover.

When Chu Tianbao saw this, he said in shock, "Stinky is dying."

Qingfeng glared at Chu Tianbao. "Shut up!"