Chapter 45: Mudslide

As the team got closer to Jiangyuan City, the rain became more frequent. In the carriage, Bai Wutong saw the continuous puddles on the road and had a bad feeling.

After continuous rain, there were many floods. It was unknown what the situation was like in Jiangyuan City, which was still half a month journey away.

Bai Wutong asked Qingfeng, "Was Jiangyuan City flooded in the past?" The commander of the Dark Guards Team should know something.

Qingfeng did not turn around and replied, "There are floods in Jiangyuan City every year. Nearly 500,000 people were affected last year, and more than 200,000 people were drowned by the flood."

When Bai Wutong heard the shocking number, she quickly asked, "Then how did the emperor deal with it?"

Qingfeng's tone was calm, but it made Bai Wutong unable to accept. "It wasn't dealt with. About 150,000 of the 500,000 victims survived."

Bai Wutong gasped. He had let so many commoners die in the disaster. It was really lucky for the trash emperor to only die now.

Bai Wutong frowned. "Will we encounter a flood on our way there?"

Qingfeng said, "Yes, but it's almost autumn. Even if we encounter it, the flood will be over soon." She was telling Bai Wutong not to worry too much.

With famine and floods, a large number of human and animal deaths, and water pollution, it was very likely that the plague would spread. How could she not worry?

Bai Wutong looked at the rugged road that led to Jiangyuan City. A premonition that Jiangyuan City was probably more troublesome than Beiyun City kept coming.

She had to let everyone take some precautions in advance.

At the intersection between the Beiyun City and the Jiangyuan City, the mountain path was rugged and the terrain was steep. If the carriage did not move carefully, it might drive into the lush mountain stream.

It was originally drizzling. When the group drove to the cliff, the sudden storm almost overturned the carriages.

The children were tightly covered in their parents' clothes.

Even so, the rain drenched them.

Even adults with strong bodies could fall sick, let alone children.

Moreover, the torrential rain was very likely to cause mudslides and landslides. Their geographical location was too dangerous.

Bai Wutong lifted the curtain and said loudly to Lin Yue, who was drenched on the horse, "It's too dangerous to go on the road in such a heavy rain. Let's find a place to camp first!" The rain was too loud and Lin Yue could not hear her if she did not speak loudly.

Actually, the group had only set off not long ago, but it seemed like the rain would not stop anytime soon. They could only find another place to settle down.

Lin Yue said, "Okay."

As soon as she finished speaking, Bai Wutong heard the sound of rocks loosening and rolling down the mountain.

Everyone looked up in unison.

Everyone was relieved to find that only one or two small rocks had fallen from the cliff.

Lin Yue summoned everyone to take two steps faster. There was a slightly flat bamboo forest in front that could allow everyone to rest for a while.

Bai Wutong's gaze never left the top of the cliff. Suddenly, her pupils constricted violently as she shouted anxiously at Lin Yue, "Quick, run to the back. Let everyone run to the back. The mudslide is coming down!!!"