Chapter 13: Hold My Waist Tight

As soon as she finished speaking, the agitated refugees took a step forward.

They realized that the soldiers were worried about the surviving beast on the ground and did not dare to attack.

The leader of the strong refugees immediately grabbed him and used him as a meat shield to approach the soldiers' defense fence.

No one wanted to kill the magistrate's nephew. If they returned, they would be unlucky. The soldiers actually retreated with bows and spears.

When the refugees saw them retreating, it was as if they were on steroids. Their bell-sized eyes were filled with the fighting spirit of hungry wolves.

Someone shouted, "Charge! Kill these bastards!"

The refugees who had been suppressed to the extreme finally erupted and rushed forward to overturn the fence.

The two sides immediately engaged in an intense battle.

Bai Wutong took the opportunity to climb onto a military horse and extended her hand to Chu Tianbao. "Come, let's go now!"

She had never ridden a horse, but there were donkeys in the village that belonged to her relatives. She used to ride them everywhere when she was young.

Chu Tianbao held her hand and mounted the horse. At the same time, his tall figure completely blocked her vision.

How could she ride like this!

She could see nothing.

Bai Wutong said helplessly, "Sit in the back. Hold my waist tightly."

Chu Tianbao replied obediently and jumped off swiftly to sit behind Bai Wutong.

Then, he reached out and tightened his grip on her waist.

Bai Wutong almost rolled her eyes. "I told you to hug me tightly, not so tightly!"

She turned around and glared at him. The tip of her nose was pressed against Chu Tianbao's face. It was so close that she could even see how many eyelashes there were on his eyes.

"..."

Only then did Bai Wutong realize that this guy was like an octopus clinging to her back.

No wonder she couldn't breathe!

"And you're hugging me so tight!" she said fiercely.

Chu Tianbao blinked innocently and let go a little.

Bai Wutong was speechless. If it weren't for the fact that the timing was not right and she wasn't proficient in riding a horse, she really would have reprimanded him.

After riding for a few hours, Bai Wutong's legs were aching, so she temporarily settled down in a quiet place.

After dismounting, Chu Tianbao skillfully searched everywhere for dry wood.

After a while, he found a pile of dry wood and looked at Bai Wutong for praise.

His big wet eyes were expectant, like a big dog begging for food.

Bai Wutong couldn't help but laugh. She took out a candy from her pocket. "Eat less. If you eat too much, your teeth will hurt."

Chu Tianbao stuffed the candy into his mouth, his eyes smiling into crescents. He said in a muffled voice, "Tianbao is not afraid of pain. My wife is afraid of pain. You can give it all to Tianbao."

Bai Wutong recalled the way he cried out when she changed his dressing. It would be a lie for him to not be afraid of pain.

He was pretending to be nice because he wanted to cheat her of her candy.