Chapter 22: Take One Step At A Time

As soon as she finished speaking, Stinky heard the commotion and woke up.

"Boohoo—"

Chu Tianbao picked up Stinky by reflex and sang, "Oh, oh, oh, oh~ Stinky, don't cry. Stinky, don't cry. Stinky is the most handsome person in the world~"

He could be coaxed with a few pats in the night, but it did not work now.

Bai Wutong calculated the time and realized that it was time for Stinky to drink milk. She opened the door and said politely to Madam Yang, "Thank you, Auntie."

Madam Yang said ingratiatingly, "If there's not enough milk, I'll squeeze more for you later. You mustn't let the Young Master starve." She glanced into the house again and smiled. "Breakfast has been prepared for you. Do you want to eat in the house or in the main room?"

Bai Wutong said, "Then please send the things to the house."

"Alright, I'll go right away."

Bai Wutong took the milk and noticed from the corner of his eye that Village Chief Zhao had packed a lot of things.

His sons were also walking in and out, moving things. They were probably planning to leave the farm.

Bai Wutong did not mind. Anyway, they would leave after breakfast.

Before long, Madam Yang arrived with the food.

Following behind her was a chubby and cute girl. She was still unsteady on her feet and looked like she was only two or three years old.

Madam Yang put down the food and reminded the young lady, "Peach, why are you following Grandma?"

The young lady thought for a moment and looked at Bai Wutong before glancing at Madam Yang. Encouraged by Madam Yang, she immediately walked over to Bai Wutong with trembling steps and reached out her chubby hand that was holding onto two eggs.

She said in a child-like voice, "Madam, take the eggs to little brother." As she spoke, her eyes landed on the eggs, but she licked the corner of her mouth, as if she was recalling the taste of the eggs.

Village Chief Zhao's genes were well-inherited. He gave birth to four grandsons before little Peach was born.

She was born with a pair of big, watery eyes. She was fair and clean and was very doted on in the Zhao family.

Village Chief Zhao wanted to get closer to Bai Wutong, so he immediately thought of this cute and likable granddaughter.

Bai Wutong glanced at Madam Yang who was beside and stroked Peach's head. Her eyes were gentle as she said, "Little brother is still young and can't eat eggs. You can eat them yourself."

The rising sun enveloped Bai Wutong. Although she had an ugly face, Madam Yang suddenly felt that she was a beauty. When she saw the large red spots on her face, a trace of pity flashed across her eyes.

In the blink of an eye, she turned her head and glanced at Chu Tianbao, who was hugging Stinky. After taking a few glances, her expression immediately turned to confusion.

Both of them were so ugly. Why was the child so handsome?

Bai Wutong's words brought back Madam Yang from her thoughts. She smiled and said, "Little Master can't accept Peach's kind intentions, so Madam and Young Master can have it."

Peach quickly shook her head. "I'm not eating. I've already smelled it."

Bai Wutong did not understand. "What have you smelled?"

Peach smiled brightly and said slowly but clearly, "My mother said that if I've smelled eggs, I've eaten them."

She was like a vibrant sunflower, innocent, unaware of pain and unafraid of it.