Chapter 24: A Mere Commoner

Bai Wutong thought for a moment. "It should be a special privilege. The blood brothers of the same mother might be close."

Lin Yue looked at the huge private army and felt that Bai Wutong might be right.

After all, they were brothers. It was not a big deal to allow the guards of honor to be larger in scale.

Moreover, the Yan Kingdom was in a difficult situation.

This team should be bringing people to help the Imperial City by transporting so much food and supplies.

After the storm, the road was muddy. The other party's carriage was too heavy and was completely stuck in the road.

As soon as they stopped, the entire team blocked the road.

Suddenly, a domineering voice came from the carriage. "A bunch of trash! You can't even move a carriage!"

The servant reported fearfully, "Princess Qingping, Commander Luo said that it's not that he can't push it, but he's afraid of disturbing Consort Ping and you. He also said that if it's convenient, please get out of the carriage first. This way, we can lift the carriage and can continue on our way."

Qingping's reprimand immediately came from the wide carriage. "Tell him to get lost! This place is so dirty and surrounded by a group of lowly commoners. I won't get down."

The fact that Consort Ping did not speak or reprimand Qingping meant that she did not want to get out of the car either.

The servant had no choice but to tell Commander Luo their exact words.

Commander Luo frowned and could only say to his subordinates, "Lift the carriage first and push it forward. Be steady and don't scare Consort Ping and Princess Qingping."

The soldiers lowered their weapons and stepped into the mud to lift the wagon.

However, there were too many things in this luxurious carriage driven by four horses. There were five people on it, including the attendants, Consort Ping and Princess Qingping. Moreover, the carriage was made of agarwood and was even heavier.

As soon as the soldiers raised it, their feet slipped and the carriage shook violently.

The expensive steamer on the tea table, along with the tea mat, fell to the carriage floor and shattered into pieces.

Princess Qingping and Consort Ping were frightened. In the next second, the carriage shook and they were flung from one end of the carriage to the other.

In unison, Princess Qingping and the Consort hit the solid wall of the carriage. They screamed, but their cries were drowned out by the soldiers' voice.

Their heads hurt, and they felt dizzy. They even felt like vomiting. If they continued, her image and that of Consort Ping would be completely ruined.

Princess Qingping shouted angrily at Commander Luo outside, "Dogs, how did you lift the carriage! Stop quickly!"

A few more jolts and she would really throw up.

The thought of those filth made her want to whip the servants outside.

Commander Luo was busy directing the carriage. Seeing that it was about to be lifted, he did not respond to Princess Qingping in time. A good white jade bracelet was suddenly thrown out of the window and landed heavily on Commander Luo's head.

Instantly, blood poured from his forehead.

The soldiers thought there was an assassin and drew their swords. The carriage that had just been lifted suddenly fell down again.