2 x 0.4

Jasper woke up with his alarm and started to get ready for his day, once he left his room ready for the training routine he was surprised to see Natasha and Tony awaiting him in the kitchen - Good morning Jasper, the social worker is here to talk with you and your sister... I know it's not what you want to do right now but she's here - Natasha said placing a comforting hand on the boy's shoulder.

- I stalled her for as long as I could, but today she simply showed up and demanded to talk with you guys - Tony explained a bit uneasy - Oh... - Jasper spoke, he had actually been thinking about that conversation since Peter mentioned it when he was still at the hospital, he didn't expect it to be so soon, but he had to deal with it like he always did.

- Theoretically, we have to go in with you, at least one of us, but if you don't want to I can just sign the paperwork at the end - Stark explained - I don't mind it - The boy spoke, and followed the other two, Laura was sitting on a sofa waiting for them - Good morning little one - Jasper spoke tickling her - Stop Jas! - She said giggling. 

- There is someone here that wants to talk with us, so let's go in? - The boy asked and the girl nodded yes, so he picked her up and walked inside the room where a woman was already waiting for them. She was a middle-aged Asian woman with a few gray hairs contrasting with the dark thick hair she had - Hi kids, how are you feeling today? - She asked opening her folder and picking up some papers. 

- Good ma'am - Laura spoke curiously starring at the woman she had only seen once before, Jasper simply nodded in agreement with his sister - I can't begin to imagine what you two are going through, you are just kids, and because of that we have to help take care of you - The woman started speaking - We've been talking to some families and people interested in adopting, but I still haven't found the right fit, and I wanted to check with you guys because you cannot be responsible for yourselves. 

- I told you I could take care of them - Tony intervened - I know Mr. Stark, and I told you that wouldn't happen, you are already too mixed up in the events, I'm sorry but It's the law - She explained and looked back at Jasper that was deeply starring her. The boy saw the reason why she still hadn't found a house for them was because was too old for adoption, finding some family for Laura would be easy. 

- What about just her? I'm old enough to check on me - Jasper spoke and everyone around the room seemed to be tense - I don't want to go without you - The little girl spoke - I know that pumpkin, but we are seeing what's best for you - 

- It is definitely easier to find a home for a younger girl, but we always try not to separate siblings - The social worker explained looking at the boy sympathetically. Jasper looked deep into the woman's eyes - You will find her a rich family, and erase me from all your records, she will be happy and you'll check on her monthly for the first year and every six months from afar until she's old enough - He ordered her and the woman froze listening to the command.

- Jasper I really don't think that's the best approach - Natasha said - She doesn't deserve this life, Nat, you know it, everyone knows it - He spoke, Laura was already crying trying to understand what was happening. Jasper kneeled down to be on the same level as she was - Laura, listen to me okay my love? I love you, Mom loved you so so much, but you deserve to be loved again by a family able to provide you with what you need - Jasper said drying his own tears and gathering the courage he needed to do what he was about to do - The names Jasper Wright and Aline Wright mean nothing to you, I, Jasper, am not your brother, Aline was not your mother, we are strangers, you don't know me, you don't remember knowing me, we never met. You were abandoned when you were a baby and never met your family, now, you are going to have a new family, you will be good to them and they will be good to you, once you are old enough you will know what happened, but until them just know you are very much loved - Jasper gave the long order without blinking or flinching - You can trust that woman, she will help you - The boy spoke.

The little girl was frozen for a few seconds and then she started blinking again - She shyly stared and Jasper and questioned why the boy was so close to her - Why are you so close to me? - She asked innocently looking at him.

- You were saying something that I couldn't hear - He spoke back - Oh, I'm Laura...and you?- She spoke confused - I'm Jasper - The boy spoke as tears rolled freely down his face - Nice to meet you, I'm not sure why you are sad, but I'm sure it's going to get better - She said and he agreed - You are so wise - Jasper spoke and got up - 

- Mr. Stark, why don't you take her back to her room to collect the stuff she left here? We are taking her to a new family - The social worker spoke and grabbed the little girl's hand - Bye - Laura spoke from the door - Goodbye princess - Jasper whispered as the little girl left.

Once the door was shut closed Natasha ran to Jasper and hugged him - You did the right thing, the most painful, but it was the right thing - The spy spoke and hugged him more - Can I please go downstairs and punch something? If I stay still right now I'll want to punch myself - Jasper whined and Natasha guided him downstairs. 

~X~

I'm depressed, goodbye :(