Chapter 28

Bunga Pov

The embarrassed blush hadn't left my cheeks so I went to the kitchen for a glass of water when I hear Dad on the phone "We do, I... just stopped reading them after a while, Bunga has an episode at a single mention of her name."

I walk into the living room and realise the TV was on. They were talking about the mother of some Covid victims. "Bunga!" Dad exclaims as he picks up the TV remote to turn of the TV.

But he was too late, her face appeared. The one from my worst nightmares and dark past.

Suddenly my arms are searing with pain as I start screaming. The bright room felt cold and dark . I grab my arms, clutching them with my nails digging deep into the scars. My body feels wet as blood seeps out of my arms. "Bunga!" I hear a voice call out but I can't see anyone around me. Instead I hear a melodious echo.

That melody. The one that had haunted me for the past 8 years. Never letting me go. Higher than the actual song, 10 times more repettitive than Mummy's.
"Your people took my babies from me!" a voice screeches.

She's suddenly in front of me, her knife digging into my arms, "One cross for every life you've taken," she said. "That'll teach  you to eat bats!"

I scream more and more as each cross is carved till suddenly I feel something wrap itself around me.
"Biar saya pergi," I hear a voice whisper. "Biar saya pergi. Biar saya pergi."

Those words echo in my head until the darkness in the room fades away and I find myself in mu living room again.
I lock onto Chai who was currently wrapped around me, he leans back and I see the fear in his eyes.

"She's free, Chai," I whisper. "They let her out."

I notice that Chai had a fresh cut on his face and his grey shirt was covered in blood.

"God! Did I hurt you?" I exclaim as he let's me go.

"Not really," he says. "You mostly hurt yourself."

I look down at my arms to see them dripping with blood. I suddenly feel dizzy then everything goes black.